A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 161

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*hears Richardson's voice and her back stiffens a bit. she turns her head to see him*

Al... Mr Richardson. I see that you have the ship well in hand now. Benjamin would be happy.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 162

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*finds the clothing that the captain's wife asked for and hands them across, watching the first mate out of the corner of her eye*


I will need a little time to refresh my strength. But then I can help keep watch. First mate, you are the acting captain? This ship is my tribe now, too. I would like to help.



Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 163

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*takes the clothes and begins dressing Benjamin again* Thank you, Uli. For the clothes and for the offer of help. *smiles at the other woman weakly*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 164

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Only for the moment...Mrs. Briggs. I anticipate returning command to the Captain soon enough.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 165

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

For now I shall conduct an inspection of my own. I shall be on deck.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 166

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I'm sure that he will be quite well, soon enough. Just cold, right now, and tired no doubt... *leans down to kiss her husband's cheek, then covers him with the blankets from the bunk* There's nothing to do now but wait. *turns around and accidentally catches Richardson's eyes. looks at Uli quickly*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 167

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Very well, Mr Richardson.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 168

marvthegrate LtG KEA


You be good with that spear. Thank you for helping us.
Aye Sir!


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 169

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Uli takes in this exchange and her head lifts slightly as if with some realisation*

I will take these things back to the galley, then. I can rest, work on the hide, and find out why the Cook has changed colour.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 170

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*quickly turns to Uli and gestures her to come closer* I need to speak with you for a moment!

I'll start another thread. smiley - winkeye


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 171

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Uli hears the captain's wife and nods*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 172

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

~ The pen on the captain's desk dips into the inkwell, and begins scribbling in the log ~

"Captin Brigg taken ill. Beein of sounnd mind an body"

~ "body" is crossed out ~

"I must resume my post as captain of Mary Celeste. I see from prusing the log that Brigg was ov'rly concerned with groceries, writin "tea" and "jam" and nonsenes. First odor of business cofiscate cook's liquor. Drinks like a fish."

~ the pen falls to the desk ~


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 173

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

~ the pen rises again, makes another trip to the inkwell, and finishes in large letters: ~


"Cpt. R. McLellan, deceased."


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 174

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)



The ship is sound, at least above the waterline. I'll know more when Volkert reports back from the hold. How goes the Captain?


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 175

Arlecchino (school gets in the way)


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 176

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*hears Richardson enter and turns from her conversation with Uli to look at him - or rather, his feet*

He is resting now, Mr Richardson. Thank you for asking. Thank you also for inspecting the ship. It is good to know that you are here to take care of us at this time.

*raises her eyes to his face and smiles* Benjamin counts on you, you know. Just as he counts on me. *finally raises her eyes the last of the way and meets his* Thank you.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 177

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)



He will recover shortly, Sarah.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 178

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Uli has cast a small spell so that no-one else can understand what she and the captain's wife are saying to each other, thus keeping their conversation private*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 179

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*the spell wears off and the conversation finishes*

*Uli picks up the coffee pot and the plate with its few sausages, and leaves the captain's cabin*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 180

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*stands up and moves to Benjamin's side. smoothes his hair from his forehead and smiles at him*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more