A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Post Game Party!

Post 1

Garius Lupus

*The cast, fresh from their performances, bustle into a large back room in the bar beside the theatre. Following them are their ardent fans. The room has been prepared in advance and is decorated with a nautical theme. Fishnets hang from the ceiling along with the requisite inflatable squids and various other dubious marine artifacts. The atmosphere is bouyant as trays of champagne are brought in along with trays of finger food. After allowing a few minutes for everyone to arrive, GL stands up and taps a fork on his champagne glass.*

Your attention, please. I said:

YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!

Thank you.

I would like to start off by thanking all of you for taking part. Everyone has lived up to the high expectations I had of you and you have all performed spectacularly. This has been highly entertaining for myself, all due to your superb acting. Let me raise a toast to you, the actors.

*Holds glass up for the toast.*


Post Game Party!

Post 2

Witty Moniker

*Enters on Mac's arm, grabs a champagne flute and speaks under her breath to Mac.*

You asked: I think "Kick Shins" is my favorite Special Ability. By the way, how did the character sheet read? The whole troubled little girl thing was rather dificult for me to write (how mean can an author be to a character to convey mood? If you feel a little rotten about it you might be on the right track, but you still feel a little rotten about it).

The very first line, before the Faeries are snobs part, should read. "It's not fair! smiley - cross" That would be the typical reaction of a young child presented with circumstances underwhich they have no control.

*Raises glass for the toast.*


Post Game Party!

Post 3

marvthegrate LtG KEA



Great show my friends!
I just hope I did ok in it.


Post Game Party!

Post 4

Babel17

*staggers in, heads straight for the bar and starts to down drinks like there is no tomorrow, only stopping briefly for a handful of peanuts. Keeps drinking.*


Post Game Party!

Post 5

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

*walks in*

.........Hello.....


Post Game Party!

Post 6

Babel17

*nods in Yow's direction. Keeps drinking*


Post Game Party!

Post 7

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

I must say captain, twas an excellent game eh?! grabs some smiley - bubbly


Post Game Party!

Post 8

Babel17

*stops drinking brifly*
Yes it was indeed, but all this abstinance has taken it's toll on me smiley - winkeye
*carries on drinking*


Post Game Party!

Post 9

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

OK, so anybody got any questions? I can answer most stuff except for game actions that were hidden from me after I joined the game.


Post Game Party!

Post 10

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*looks through the door*
I'll post now in order to subscribe to the thread, but I won't be reading any further until the Astral Plane thread is resolved, OK?
*adjusts her furs and returns to the Spirit World*



Post Game Party!

Post 11

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Lil should have at least stopped and taken a drink back with her. No, I guess not, you shouldn't drink and astral project.


Post Game Party!

Post 12

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

~ Walks through the door, pauses, collects his thoughts, then opens the door and walks through properly ~

You know, since almost everyone is dead now, you can all join in on the battle in the Astral Plane.

/* Takes a drink, and heads off to the Astral Plane, calling back */

That bit about don't drink and project - nonshenshe!
hic!
smiley - dog


Post Game Party!

Post 13

Garius Lupus

*Stands again and dings his smiley - bubbly glass.*

Now that you all have had a chance to read the private threads, you will all have seen the outstanding quality of the writing. Personally, I have been very impressed and stand in awe of Mac's genius. He seems to have thought of everything.

So, would everyone please join me in a toast to the author. *Brandishes his smiley - bubbly* Here's to you, Mac.


Post Game Party!

Post 14

cafram - in the states.

*raises smiley - bubbly*

To all of you for such wonderful acting!! smiley - biggrin


Post Game Party!

Post 15

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*enters wearing black leather and showing more skin than she has in quite a while* I love the costumes of the Victorian era, but there are times when they just stifle a girl. smiley - devil

*walks over to bar, fixes herself a smiley - stiffdrink and takes a seat on one of the stools*

smiley - biggrin

That was grand fun, GL and Mac. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

G7


Post Game Party!

Post 16

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Cheers Mac! Well done! Also Cheers to GL for the idea to adapt this game and his excellent running of it!


Post Game Party!

Post 17

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Aww, you guys!

Actually, I didn't think of everything. I've made a few notes to send to my editor. For instance, GL do you have any notes as to who can be possessed by Yclept and who can't. When I'm GMing I always run it that he can't take any of the dead characters or any of the non-humans. But I can't find that written down anywhere in my notes to GMs. I think I just forgot about that.


Post Game Party!

Post 18

Garius Lupus

No, that's there in the notes. It's in the section on Gillings in the GM notes. It reads:

"Gillings can do nothing to the three non-living characters (Volkert, Goodschad and the cat). Control of the non-humans (Lizzie, the cook, and Richardson) is funny - the easy way out is just to assign a -3 modified for control; but if you think it would be more interesting, allow for partial control with the confused characters trading off schizophrenetically."

Not sure how I would have handled the latter type of case here on h2g2. With full possession it was easy - if he gains possession, then he simply takes over that character (as happened with Martens). He did try partial possession on someone else, but now I can't remember who. Was it Sarah? It was unsuccessful, anyway.


Post Game Party!

Post 19

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

So what was everyone's favorite moment? I have three.

Of all the carefully crafted ritual magic slung back and forth across the deck my favorite spell was Witty's tying the Kraken's arms in knots "The rabbit comes out of his hole, he goes around the tree..."

I loved Captain McClellan's attempts to take command of the Mary C after Capt. Briggs was laid low by the Kraken. I wish everyone could have seen the log entry, "...being of sound mind and body *crosses out body*..."

But my favorite line from the whole game was Goodschad, after seeing a roaring drunk McClellan fall from the rigging, "That ghost not be right."


Post Game Party!

Post 20

marvthegrate LtG KEA



Thanks Mac.

I'd say that my favorite moment was the kraken battle in general. That was a lot of fun.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more