A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Post Game Party!

Post 121

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Were it me, I'd send them back to the Jurassic era. I would have to say that's probably not your answer though. smiley - winkeye

*sips smiley - bubbly*

G7


Post Game Party!

Post 122

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*plucks a frog out of her hair and tosses it onto the wet bar*

I'm starting to read private threads. Captain McClellan said something about rat-eating to me early on, but I didn't think of vampires. Instead I thought of a scene out of one of the early episodes of Horatio Hornblower! smiley - drunk

As for Volkert's vampire hunger, how come he didn't know the cook and I had a whole bucket of caribou blood? Blood products would be staple fare among the Inuit, and Cook said he was going to make black pudding...


Post Game Party!

Post 123

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

haha!
hmmm, I must have over looked that.....but how? I don't ever think I was told that there was such a bucket....if I had known, there would have been no need to catch and drain the fish....

one suggetion on the H2 version of these games, we need to be able to find out what is in a room just laying around without constantly asking questions of the GM.


Post Game Party!

Post 124

Witty Moniker

That's a toughie. The GM could create a thread for each location and begin it with a description that all players could read. The problem comes in when someone removes or places something in the room. If that person was alone, no one would witness the action. The next person entering the room would still have to request a description.

I don't see how a "Who's Where" type thread would work for contents of a room, either, because the person modifying the post leaves a trail of what they took/left.

*Trades her empty smiley - bubbly for a full smiley - bubbly.*


Post Game Party!

Post 125

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

good point................well, perhaps everything could be cut and pasted onto the bottom of each message but that's kinda awkward...


Post Game Party!

Post 126

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I think it could work, apart from the hidden items as Mac mentioned. It would have to work like the "Who's Where" thread where you copy the entire contents of the previous message, make your change and post that. Plus it would require the same honor-code system of not looking back through earlier posts that we used in the other threads. And one per location is a better idea than a single "What's Where" thread. If we don't want to reveal who took an item, the GM could post the change, or we could create a shared entity so we could log in "anonymously" to post the change.

Now that I mentioned the honor code, it is time for my confession smiley - blush. When something wild happened while I could not log in (like the Kraken attack) and I obviously would have been there pronto, I would read back a few posts to the point where the event occured that brought me to that spot (OK, in the Kraken attack that meant reading back a few LEDs smiley - blush). I suppose I could have just run that by GL, but it seemed an obvious thing to do.
smiley - dog


Post Game Party!

Post 127

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Would a case conceivably arise that a character would steal something from a location? And in that case, how would you handle a "What's Where" thread? It seems counter-intuitive for the thief to post news of his theft. smiley - erm

Reading private threads, I'm realising just how square Uli was. I told a few of you, but did the rest realise that the appearance of the caribou was my attempt to inject some eskimo humour into the character?

"Not caribou," I wwas going to say. "Must be dolphelopes!" But then the captain and his family confirmed the sighting, so what was an Inuit to do? Catch one, of course. smiley - silly


Post Game Party!

Post 128

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

As I recall they were pretty relaxed about sighting the rare North Atlantic caribou at that!

Aww, only Gwen's made a guess at my question, have you all looked up the answer in GL's notes? Come on, I'll give you a hint. It has to do (just as about half the game does) with Fortean phenomena.

So where/when did Amelia zap Gilling's body?


Post Game Party!

Post 129

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I haven't read the notes, I'm too busy with the threads here. Fortean? Never heard of it. But her zapper was black-market right? So I'm guessing she did not zap Gillings back to her own time, he would end up somewhere unexpected. Perhaps moments before the sinking of Atlantis, in the same location as the Mary Celeste?
smiley - dog


Post Game Party!

Post 130

soeasilyamused, or sea

hey, i didn't know this was a black tie affair... dressing up is so fun!

*runs off as a smiley - cat*

*runs back in as sea, wearing a gorgeous black dress*

just something i had lying around, you know... smiley - winkeye

and you all have NO idea how hard it was for me to not go running around, screaming, "VOLKERT JUST ATE MY RAT! AAAAAAH!" smiley - biggrin i think that was the pre-talking phase in the cat's life. and i CERTAINLY didn't intend to talk to so many people! sheesh! i never did get around to talking to martens. what did he want to tell me?


Post Game Party!

Post 131

marvthegrate LtG KEA


Post Game Party!

Post 132

soeasilyamused, or sea

smiley - biggrinsmiley - blush

*takes marv's arm and is whisked back onto the dance floor, grinning*


Post Game Party!

Post 133

marvthegrate LtG KEA


Post Game Party!

Post 134

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

So does anyone have an idea what they want to do next? Besides have another drink, I mean. smiley - bubbly

Oh, man, I love you guys...!


Post Game Party!

Post 135

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Ask one of the ladies for a dance Mac, Jade and Sea are great!


Post Game Party!

Post 136

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

*clears throat, adjusts tie*

Jade, would you like to dance?


Post Game Party!

Post 137

Carmel Bunny, spokes stuffie for cute things everywhere

*smiley - bunny shoves back the head of her dragon costume, her ears are killing her. Sniffs Mac's ababdoned smiley - bubbly*

This ginger ale isn't very sweet.


Post Game Party!

Post 138

soeasilyamused, or sea

*smiley - laugh and spins along with marv*

don't i love VR... i can have two left feet IRL and still dance like a pro! smiley - biggrin


Post Game Party!

Post 139

sea - logging on from w*rk - using alab*ster BLECH!

smiley - doh

you know you're up waaaay too early when you come back on to hootoo and you were the last person to post! smiley - cross


Post Game Party!

Post 140

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - laugh I can see that, sea. smiley - winkeye

*watches the dancing, slightly envious but perfectly aware of how hard it is to dance in what she's wearing. instead sips smiley - bubbly*

G7


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more