A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 101

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*momentarily having forgotten about the ghost, sinks back down next to Benjamin on the bunk and returns her head to his shoulder, sighing deeply as she does so*

This ship is so busy suddenly!


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 102

Witty Moniker

*She stops short at the door.*

Kitty, you better come with me!

*She picks up the cat and continues on her way.*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 103

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

~ writes once more in the captain's log, then puts the pen down ~
lept


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 104

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*reads the log*

So someone who's initials are YC lept from the jam to the tea...

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. What do you think, Benjamin?


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 105

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*sighs and leans her head back to Benjamin's shoulder*

Ghosts, drunks, strange weather. This has been our oddest journey yet, Benjamin. I am glad that Lizzie and I came along though. We have a chance to help you as best we can. I know that just knowing you are here makes me stronger.

*smiles into Benjamin's eyes, with a slightly nervous smile*

How do you feel?


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 106

Babel17

*has stood impasively through out all these goings on, not knowing what to think!*
*takes sarah's hands in his and looks her directly in the eyes*
*The normal calm placid face currently has concern and weariness written all over it*
Oh my darling Sarah. What is going on. I do not belive what my eyes have just seen, nor what Lizzie, the cat and Mr Volkert have said, but I cannot dismiss what I have witnessed with my own eyes, and heard with my own ears.
This is a strange business and no mistake. But I vow on my life that i shall get to the bottom of this.
If I thouhght any better I would assume it was all some elaborate hoax. And if I was to find out that someone was playing a trick on my ship and on my family, by thunder there would be a reckoning!
*realises he has raised his voice as if in warning to anyone listening*
I'm sorry my dear. it has been a tiring few days and these matters only make things worse.
I must apologise for putting you under this strain and having the ladies stay in theis cabin is both inconvenient and annoying, but then having them here in the first place is doubly so. I can protect you and Lizzie but now the responsibility has doubled. smiley - sigh
I think it might be time to gathere everyone together and see what they have to say about this 'ghost'. A former Captain by all accounts, eh? Well this is my ship now, and there is only room for one Captain, and I am he.
Come lets look and see if we can find your pendant.
*starts to look around tha cabin for the pendant*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 107

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

You are right, of course, Benjamin. They will stay here tonight. I will ask Mr Goodschad to stay close enough that he will hear if Lizzie or I call out to him.

*watches Benjamin for a moment, then stops him in his search and kisses him on the cheek*

You are so wonderful to Lizzie and I. The least that I can do is be as strong as I can and aid you through this.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 108

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*joins in the search for the pendant*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 109

Babel17

*the tiredess seems to lift briefly as he grins at Sarah*
I promise you this Sarah. Once this voyage is over, you, Lizzie and I are going on a holiday. A proper one this time, and we are going to have so much fun together. Lizzie will remember it for the rest of her life, and perhaps it's time we thought of a little brother or sister for her too. But we can discuss that at a more convenient time when we are alone.
*Grabs her in a huge hug and kisses her passionately but gently and then continues to search, a happier man*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 110

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*blushes slightly, but smiles happily and a weight seems to lift off her as well*

A holiday sounds lovely, Benjamin. And I think that another sibling would do Lizzie some good. She'd have someone close to her own age to talk to.

*a cloud briefly passes through her eyes, but a glance at her husband lifts it again*

Sometimes I wonder how I was so lucky as to marry you, Benjmain.

*smiles at Benjamin again, then starts searching*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 111

Babel17

My darling, I am constantly amased that you married me smiley - biggrin
Any luck on your side there? I can't seem to find anything so far.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 112

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*blushes again, but smiles into Benjamin's eyes for his first comment. then a look of consternation comes across her face*

I don't see anything here either. I wonder if it might have gotten lost on the deck and one of the crew picked it up. Perhaps we should ask them? I feel so dreadful for having lost it...


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 113

Babel17

Don't worry, my darling. I am sure it will turn up. Would you like to go out and take some air together and see what we can find out?


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 114

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I believe so.

*takes Benjamin's arm and heads for the deck*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 115

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*walks into the room and closes the door behind Lizzie. then takes a seat, still holding the cat, on her bunk*

Why don't you sit down, Lizzie. I know that cats sometimes require long naps.


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 116

Witty Moniker

*Lizzie climbs onto her bunk.*

What is it, Mother?


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 117

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I need to talk to you about something very important...

I've just started a new thread. smiley - biggrin This should be a fun conversation. smiley - winkeye


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 118

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*cautiously pets the cat*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 119

soeasilyamused, or sea

*the cat, roused by the petting, yawns and looks around*


Captain Brigg's Cabin

Post 120

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*stands and straightens her dress. smiles at Lizzie and gently scratches the cat under its chin*

Let us go out and find the others then.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more