A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 141

Sol

[Sol]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 142

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Amy, was your blood sugar low? Back when I wasn't eating three meals a day, there were a couple of times when I just fainted. Of course, I knew I was going to - spots before my eyes, tunnel vision, etc.

Definitely get your wrist checked, and make sure that you don't have a concussion. Injury from a fall like that one won't show up for a couple of days.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 143

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]
*clocks change last sunday in October, first sunday in April*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 144

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

And it's fall back, right? Which means that the first part of next week, I will fake myself into feeling more rested? Or do we lose an hour?

I can never remember. And I know fg has a different take on this, but honestly, no matter that I go to bed later, I think it's a psychological thing.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 145

BryceColluphid

[Bc distressed that he will have to work an extra hour saturday night due to time change]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 146

marvthegrate LtG KEA

The time change makes it easier to get to church on Sunday. I will be going to our Kirkin O The Tartan, or blessing of the clans. It is an annual event held on reformation sunday. There will be pipers and it is the first service int eh sanctuary since the renovation, though sadly it is not yet complete.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 147

Coniraya

Well done on the article from me too, Z.

GMT is resumed here on the last Sunday of October. Although there was one year when they experimented with changing on the penultimate Sunday, I think that was the same day as Europe. Also I rather think 'there was one year when we didn;t change at all. I hate it being dark by 4pm once the change is made, but then I hate the dark mornings even more before we put the clocks back.

Off to the gym, then smiley - coffee with a chum before sorting some things and stuff out for H.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 148

Titania (gone for lunch)

There's an easy way to remember which way to adjust your clock, at least for those us living in the northern hemisphere:

In the spring we look *forward* to summer, so we put the clock one hour forward.

In the autumn we look *back* at summer, so we put it back one hour.

We've had temperatures below 0ºC since Sunday, but above zero during daytime - so I was a bit surprised to see that the little lake next to the train platform is already covered by ice around the edges!smiley - yikes


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 149

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Lentilla...... try a little Hungarian salami from the deli, wash down with sensible amounts of red wine. If your a veggy then try Emantaller cheese and if you can't eat that, then I'm out of suggestions.
Healthy Mind..Healthy Body!
Oetz


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 150

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have been known to just straight up pass out, the last time I found myself on teh floor of my house with the phone off the hook. The friend I was talking to said that I dropped mid-sentence.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 151

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

You know us men realize you have to eat! Forget the perfect size 10 just eat a little!
Oetz


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 152

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*returns Zeppo smiley - dog to d'E*

I'll need him again at the weekend, if that's convenient smiley - winkeye.

It was about two in the afternoon when I collapsed... and I had skipped lunch, which was naughty of me... and I had just done a brisk route march down from the university. So it could have been blood sugar.

My left wrist still hurts if I put weight on it but it isn't swollen - although there's a big burn mark across the back of it caused by an errant stir fry. I've been in the wars this week smiley - injured.

I'm not up to waiting six hours in casualty to find out if I'd managed to knock myself senseless. Anyway, how could they tell? smiley - silly

Today I must venture into town again because I still haven't found a present... or any shoes for that matter. I'm going this morning with the intention of being back in plenty of time for lunch smiley - smiley.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 153

Phil

[p]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 154

Z

Thanks more for the congratulations, I'm still a bit nervous of the day that my friends receive the paper version, those that are student BMA members get it free in the post..

I am feeling determined today, to go onto campus earlly, get some work done in teh libary and then go to Wolverhampton for a lecture.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 155

Hypatia

I wish they would leave the clock alone. And I don't care which way they leave it - just stop with the changes. It's nearly impossible to set the clock in my car. smiley - cross You need to be a rocket scientist.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 156

Phil

Nice article there Z, even if by being a teenage rebel you ended up joining 'the establishment' as it were!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 157

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - biggrin

Mission accomplished... almost. I went into town and didn't fall over this time smiley - ok. The smiley - bus stopped at the wrong place but this meant that I found a shoe shop I hadn't noticed before. They were having a sale smiley - smiley and had exactly the shoes I was looking for - black high-heeled sling-backs smiley - wow. They are a bit witchy smiley - witch but everything is this season. They are surprisingly comfortable - I'm wearing them at the moment to get used to them. I've just prepared lunch wearing full make-up and high-heeled shoes. I feel like I'm in a 1950's advert smiley - laugh.

I also found some plain leather gloves at a reasonable price and both gloves and shoes match my elegant handbag (£8 from Tescos smiley - rofl).

Then on the way back I got off the smiley - bus several stops early to visit some gift shops and found a very nice card and... a gift! I've bought them a mantle clock. It's a modern design; the clock face isn't much bigger than a man's watch and it's mounted in a cylindrical pewter block, so it's quite stable and chunky. It comes in a black suede 'money bag' so I don't even have to wrap it. And it'll all fit in my elegant handbag from Tescos smiley - winkeye.

All I need to do now is to iron my brolly (the weather has taken a turn for the worse) and my outfit (which is just a bit crumpled from hanging in the wardrobe). And I must remember to collect my coat from the dry cleaners next door before they close.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 158

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Iron your brolly? smiley - yikes

And the phrase I use to keep time changes straight is "Spring ahead -- fall back."


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 159

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Yes, my brolly has become scruffy because I don't fold it up properly. smiley - sadface


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 160

Titania (gone for lunch)

Eh - couldn't you just wet it and leave it open while it dries, Amy? I usually leave mine open until it dries (if there's a suitable space)


Key: Complain about this post