A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

Titania (gone for lunch)

*fastens seatbelt after having experienced another h2g2 earthquake*

smiley - hug for Amy


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hootoo does seem rather unreliable this morning smiley - erm.

*heads off to Lil's Studio with Zeppo smiley - dog*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

marvthegrate LtG KEA

There have been 10 quakes in Utah in teh last week. We get them every day, but they are minor, only seismologists know about them. As Ben said on the last page, we are overdue for a big one.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

Coniraya

It must have been the rain last night, the sudden dampness has got into the works smiley - winkeye

I will tell the boy's dad if he does it again, but I think he was just being a little smiley - elf rather than a smiley - devil, he has never struck me as being a bad 'un and I usually wave when I see them playing on the green. H suggested a wireless garagecam in jest, but it would be quite amusing to be able to produce a tape. Mind you it would take me a year and a new PC to edit it smiley - laugh and it wouldn't be nearly as cute as Rodney smiley - bunny, although we would be able to watch Cassie smiley - cat catching flies and leaves.

Amy, I do think you should tell your smiley - doctor at your next visit, if not before. Is your wrist swollen this morning?


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

Z

Lil, I've replied to your e mail sent to my yahoo address, the problem was that I'd mistyped my university address smiley - blush


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

Hypatia

Web site not responding.

No earthquakes here large enough to worry about, although the New Madrid fault on the other side of the state creates havoc on occassion. The last time was nearly 200 years ago, before the area was heavily populated. It was strong enough to change the course of the Mississippi and the tremors were felt hundreds of miles away. If the next one is as strong as the last one it could take out St. Louis and Memphis and everything in between. Not a happy thought.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

Phil

Been and had my portrait done earlier. Well I had to have a mugshot for the departmental staff board. It might even get put up before my current employment is supposed to end. It was a lovely lady who stood on a box to look down on me and take the photo, several some with my glasses and some without to decide which looks the best.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Coniraya

What have you decided, Phil, on or off?

It is quite a bit colder today, 7ÂșC and Cassie smiley - cat has gone back to curling up on her sheepskin. Some parts of Scotland have received a smiley - snowball warning, also the higher parts of Dartmoor down in Devon, SW England which is pretty unusual for October.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

Phil

Have to wait and find out. The pictures were taken on old fashioned film (I didn't expect that I'd have thought they were done digitaly now). I'd probably go for the ones without my glasses on but I'llw ait and see if I get a choice.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

FG

Having grown up in the San Francisco Bay Area, I've been through quite a few earthquakes, both large and small. For several years we lived in the Berkeley Hills, which are right on top of the San Andreas Fault. I remember one when I was 13 years old and in junior high second period Spanish class. The first indication that an earthquake was happing was when we looked down to see the floor rising like an ocean wave from across the classroom. Then the school's alarms went off. We get earthquakes in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho due to the Yellowstone Caldera--better known as Yellowstone National Park. It's thousands and thousands of years overdue for a massive eruption.

The W word? smiley - erm


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

SE

22nd of October and our first snowfall here


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

Coniraya

It rhymes with banker, FG. Is it just an obscenity in the UK? The little oik is 11 years old and No1 son if that was the best the kid could do at that age, he gives up on the youth of today smiley - laugh

When he came home from school, he shot past the house instead of his usual amble!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

Z

My we are being quite today...

I just have to let you know that my article in the Student BMJ was published today, it's a real liver paper journal and they give you smiley - 2cents for it!! but here's a link to the online version.

http://www.studentbmj.com/current_issue/life/426.html


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Every morning, same thing, phone rings and it is my stepmom. She apparently doesn't realize that I don't sleep normal hours anymore.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

FG

No, the W word is not used very often over here and its certainly not considered a cuss word on the level of the, you know, S or F word.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Coniraya

Calling someone the W word is quite likely to end in fisticuffs if used after a night of boozing. If the sons used it in my vicinity they would be likely to get a dry slap followed by The Look for several hours after.

The little oik had left the 'er' off the end either due to pressure of time or he was trying it out for effect. I don't think it was really out of malicious intent, but time will tell.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

egon

Z- I just read your article and it was absolutely fascinating. I must confess to knowing approximately jack shit about transcendental meditation, but that was thoroughly enlightening!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

Phil

Just put in the order for seeds for next year. Had to put it in now as we're also ordering some garlic to go into the ground when it arrives. Doesn't seem like too long ago that it was spring and all the planting going on in the garden. Where does it all go?


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Is it telling that I thought that the little oik wrote "Wash me" on the car?


Key: Complain about this post