A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

FG

Since we're mentioning brand-name painkillers, I find that Aleve works wonders.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


The next step is for me to write to topica as administrator and find out why they haven't sent out an invite.

Cat-sitting again -- off to see Inky, Spook and Chivato.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Z

Thank you Lil, maybe they think I'm a dogey person of some sort smiley - erm can't quite see how.. one of the people on the list has met me in real life, and from the e mail address you can see I'm an undergraduate in medicine at birmingham, so if I did maliciously infect you all with a virus that I wrote it would be fairly easy to deal with!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG with a fresh new haircut]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Alas! I found out today that I am still married. The judge has not signed my divorce decree as yet. Oh well, at least it is at the courthouse.

MJK


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I've decided that sleeping is for wimps.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That's why I sleep when everyone else is at work. They can waste the night sleeping, and I will waste the morning doing the same.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Z! I tried to email you using that university address you gave me, and the email was returned undeliverable. Check your yahoo mail, I've written to you there. I hope. smiley - erm


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Sleep? It's over-rated.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Without sleep, no dreaming. Without dreaming, no mental health.

But what's weird is how you go to sleep. We lie down and ... pretend that we're asleep. After a while we really are. Is there any other vital activity we approach the same way as that?


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Hm... vital, no. There are a few things I have to feign interest in - then, to my surprise, I find myself becoming interested in the topic at hand. Like chamber music, for instance.

I've been having some really bad dreams lately - from nasty bugs to running from the thought police (or some semblance thereof.) So it's not all bad that you're not sleeping. There are far worse things!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

until last night, mine had been about ex-gfs the last few nights, can't figure out why


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

BryceColluphid

Hello, everyone! Thanks for taking notes, D'Elaphant ! [ checks to make sure face is clean]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Titania (gone for lunch)

Snow in Stockholm today...smiley - brr

There was a minor earth quake in the north of Sweden at 4 am local time today, which made me feel grateful that we really don't have the most extreme versions of any kind of weather or natural disasters. Sure, for Swedish standards it was a big earthquake (because they are so rare here) but on an international scale - 3.0 Richter? Nothing much, really, and no damages reported. Just a rather abrupt and unusual kind of wake up call...


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

The Salt Lake area has not had a major earthquake in something like 500 or 600 years. Some of us (the smart ones) expect "The Big One" any time as we are, geologically, majorly overdue for one.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Coniraya

Headache has gone, well almost.

We get quie a few earthquakes in the UK, apparently, but they are barely noticeable, as many as 3 in a week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/naturaldisasters/earthquakes.shtml

I think that may stretch the boundaries unless some smiley - magic happens behind the scenes.

Some little tyke has been writing the W word on the condensation on our car windows the last couple of mornings. So this morning I was watching at the window, with laminated double glazing it is harder to see through from outside and as he raised his hand to write I rapped loudly on the window. He and his couple of mates smiley - flustered dropped their heads and scuttled off smiley - laugh. They are in the first year at the school at the end of the road and are policemens' sons from round the corner. When they come smiley - pumpkin trick or treating I shall remind them that we have had the tricks.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

The little sods. Tell their father, Caer.

I'm going to have a quiet day in today because I had a bit of an accident yesterday. I'd been to my weekly seminar and was making my way back through town when I went into a department store to have a look for a wedding present. I can remember feeling rather disconnected as I approached the stairs to the basement and the next thing I remember is being collapsed at the bottom of the stairs. I was so embarrassed I brushed off offers of help - which may have been a mistake but I can't have fallen far because there's very little damage. My left wrist hurts a bit but otherwise I'm ok. My head hurts worse than usual today but perhaps that's just a coincidence. smiley - flustered


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Phil

On the grand scale of things though those earthquakes in the UK are usually minor, even the bit of an earthquake storm here in Manchester the other year wasn't particularly bad, just annoying. Having big trucks and busses going past your house all day would be much worse I think.

Perhaps you should get your wrist checked out and let the consultants know that it sometimes happens (if you haven't told them already).

Lets see if I can post now (as before it didn't let me!)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more