A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 201

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I am quite amazed at the transformation I have seen in Mikey of the last few years. Marv introduced me to Mikey about 14 yrs ago I guess it would be. At the time, I can't say that I would have considered him a friend but now, he is definetly a friend. He worked really hard to get where he is now. I, for one, can say that I am quite proud of him.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 202

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have decided that the ability to love is mankinds greatest virtue, and also it's greatest weakness.

Mikey called me up as I was picking Bryce up to go to the club, and wanted a ride home. I took Bryce to the bar, and drove Mikey home. He is in an insane amount of turmoil at the moment, and is likely to be near tears in his room. He is not drinking now, and hopefully will fall asleep soon.

The fact of the matter is, that his ex still means a great deal to him, and he cannot come to terms with her being gone.

I can never forgive her for what she did tonight.

Mikey is one of my two closest friends in the world. I hate to see him in this state, but he needs to get through this time. If he cannot let the grief run it's course, it will eat him up alive.

He reminds me of me, 18 months ago. And the heartache that I went through is something that still haunts me. It is not easy for a man to comfort another man in situations like this. The woman he loved has abandoned him, and gone to someone else. This sort of betrayal is always one of teh worst feelings that anyone can go through. I know from personal experiance. I also know that I was unconsoable for quite a while after my breakup. While he has been apart from her for quite a while now, the insult of tonights activity is far too fresh.

All I can hope for him for now is that he falls asleep quickly and can get this out of his system fast.

Back to my original point; love does strange things to a person. It can cause the greatest triumphs and be the source fr the greatest failures. It can drive someone to excellence or it can tear them down and crumble them into dust. It can span the globe, and it can be as fleeting as gust of wind.

Love is both my greatest hope and my largest fear. Tonight reminds me of the damage that it can do. Damage not easily, if ever, healed.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 203

Coniraya

smiley - ta for the aura links, d'E. H says mine changes and is usually a mix of colours. So I have bookmarked that last one to refer to when he goes all unfocused again.

According the to first one mine is a rich sapphire, meaning a loving soul with advice and sympathy for everyone. Does that mean I'm a busybody smiley - erm

As Mikey has got what it takes to be a fireman, he has obviously got what it takes to rise above his ex g/f and make a success of his life. Go Mikey!

Quite a frost this a.m. Cassie smiley - cat wasn't at all impressed.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 204

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I tested out to crimson and green.

Mikey is a strong person in a lot of ways, but he has a number of issues that have been big emotional mountains to climb in his life. This is likely his greatest challenge yet, I sincerely hope that he is up to the task. At the moment I am unsure how he will be tomorrow.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 205

Coniraya

Severely hungover and depressed, no doubt. I doubt he will be open to much reasoning today and you are already doing the best thing: being a good friend. A smiley - hug for you both.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 206

Titania (gone for lunch)

According to emode my aura is emerald (earthy soul with green thumb and easy-going nature), can't get the quizilla result to load


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 207

BryceColluphid

Accordding to the one Aura site ( I couldn't get on the other) I am a blue. I don't know how accurate it is, since I didn't know how to answer a lot of questions. I think maybe it deals more with how we view ourselves than reality. Maybe instead of taking such tests ourselves, we should have close friends take them for us. They might be more objective.

I hope this episode of Mikey's is shortlived. he is on the cusp of a great new career. I think part of the problem is he may have done this to prove to her that he can be successful, and now that she's permanently gone, I hope he doesn't lose his drive . I also feel that she was trying to one-up him. (" look! I can be successful and accomplish something!" " Doesn't matter now, loser. I've already found someone else!) Marv says not to attribute this to malice, maybe he's right, but that's the way I feel... I hope she never contacts him again... He's suffered enough over the past 3 years.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 208

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I told bryce to apply Hanlon's Razor to the situation. Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. In this case, substitute lack of courtesy for stupidity, but the net result is the same.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 209

Phil

Yup lots of frost this morning. Mist in the valley floors that I was above getting to the train and on the train.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 210

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'm violet on both tests smiley - smiley.

Violets are the inspirational visionaries, leaders and teachers who are here to help save the planet. Most Violets feel drawn to educate the masses, to inspire higher ideals, to improve the quality of life on the planet, or to help save people, animals and the environment.

Sounds about right to me - a crusading know-it-all smiley - wow.

Today is the day of my best friend's wedding. RL, not the film smiley - smiley. I must take plenty of hankies because I've already shed a tear or two smiley - cry. I'm a soppy old ant really.

I must smiley - run now and try to turn myself into a beautiful smiley - antsmiley - wizardsmiley - magic. I've got as far as painting my claws - I've used Clinique's Moonbeam and I'm very pleased with the colour, very subtle smiley - biggrin.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 211

Coniraya

Although having been awake for a few hours, No1 son is just venturing into the shower. A couple of minutes ago he called me upstairs, I was wondering what had gone wrong, blown up, fused or flooded.

He was in the barthroom holding the shower curtain up and said 'Look' so I did. The bath was covered in muddy paw prints, over the bottom along the edges and round the sides. It is the first time Cassie smiley - cat has shown any interest in the bathroom and obviously decided that she would thoroughly investigate smiley - laugh. But why with filthy paws? Perhaps she was trying to give them a good wash smiley - winkeye

I left No1 son to clean up and take his shower.

I must take a look at that nail varnish, Amy. I have to go into town tomorrow to get a new cake for the Xmas smiley - cake. I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 212

Titania (gone for lunch)

I got the quizilla test to work, and it said my aura is red - but I didn't feel that the description fitted

Another clear, sunny but very cold day


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 213

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog] <-- leaves muddy prints in the tub every day


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 214

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

No cold here yet -- 40 degrees F outside at 6 am, as usual for the past several weeks. I guess I'll have a look at the weather channel's scrying glass and see what's up. At least I've got the burnt dust smell out of the heater, and the pilot light alone lifted the temperature a couple of degrees indoors.

I only get muddy pawprints all over my car.

As regards the selfish girlfriend, I wonder if she hoped to break the news under cover of celebration, and thereby blunt its impact? Because it sounds as if she has moved on and poor Mikey has not. I'm accusing her of cowardice rather than malice.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 215

SE

i too am violet on both tests. three violets here so far, huh.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 216

Phil

Oh dear, I don't wish to cast aspersions Our Son, more a comment on my reading (or not). I first read that you were 'too violent'! smiley - yikes Then realised you were just a lovely purple colour.

Anyone live somewhere dark?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3210901.stm
might mean auroras can be seen.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 217

jr52 (ting-a-)

violet? (yeah, both tests.) Think maybe getting someone we know to take the test for us would give a more accurate picture, I mean, who ever heard of a violet pirate? come on.

While engaged with; at that time (a.t.t., oh, how clever), THE largest communications company in the u.s. they did a social style test thingie for everyone in our job title and had us give the test to 5 people that knew us to fill out and send in. Then they tabbed it and had us in for a class about it. Told us what our particular style was and what it meant for interacting with our clients. Was supposed to let us 'read' others for their style and camoflage our own to look like the type our clients preferred to do business with. Really suprised me how other people saw me. They were right, of course, but I had always seen myself as more conservative. The class was pretty interesting, with the primary upshot, in my case, being, it wasn't a good idea to have me work with bankers or accountants. In fact, in western dorothyland, at that timesmiley - smiley, there were those that preferred to not do business with females. My supervisor's method of addressing that was to send me out as her replacement. Wasn't long before the client would call in with; "although jr(ting) is certainly qualified and competent; we feel that possibly jinny is better versed on the obscure details of our profession and as such, may be better able to service our account." Worked every time. what a hoot.

here, here, for Mikey, but ya gotta wonder about people that run into burning buildings.smiley - biggrin About the x, i vote for insensitive. I just have a hard time accepting that some people are really that small (I know they are, I just need to believe they aren't. Makes my 'world picture' easier to deal with.).smiley - run


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 218

SE

Mad Violet McKinley terrorized the caribbean seas for many a years, sneaking up on ships in the dead of nights and painting their masts and sterns a lovely shade of purple with pink polka dots.

smiley - pirate


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 219

Coniraya

I have watched Concorde fly over the house for the last time this afternoon. An end of an era. smiley - cry

I wrote a little account of our flight on her over here:

A1904780


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 220

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Today I help the stbx move out of the apartment that I have been paying the rent on for the past 5 months. I don't reaaly want to do so as being around her realy makes me severely uncomfortable.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more