Due to Greebo going away on holiday for the Post edition dated 14/08/03, this round of Word
Play will be running for two weeks. The usual rules apply, but you will be given a little longer
to get your words in. The points for this round will be awarded in the 21.08.03 edition of
Thank you, Greebs.
This Weeks Letters
|T N O C S A V I A|
How To Play
- Nine letters will be posted every Thursday in The Post (See above pink box).
- All you have to do is make a word from the letters provided, post the word in the
Conversation Forum below, and if it is correct then you will get a point for each letter
- Only words posted in the Conversation entitled 'Word Play
07.08.03' will be accepted.
- Names, and Names of Products are not allowed. (e.g. Belgium, Pan Galactic Gargle
Blaster, Douglas Adams)
- Abbreviations are not allowed.
- Hyphenated words are not allowed.
- You may only use each of the letters ONCE in your word.
- Only words found at MERRIAM-WEBSTER
ONLINE (UK) site will be deemed acceptable in this game. Sorry for any
inconvienance caused, but there has to be limitations to words, and that is where I will go to
look up any words unfamiliar to me, or words that I am unsure about. If they are not found
in the Merriam-Webster database, then the word will be deemed null and void.
- Only the first person to post a word will get the points, any subsequent posting of the
same word will not count towards any points.
- Only the first elligible word posted by you will gain points, if you have posted an already
used word, you may post again to get points for that week.
- Once you have posted your word, you may not (unless your first word has already been
posted by another researcher) post another word.
- There is not a guarenteed nine letter word each week.
- Words will be accepted until the Tuesday before the following weeks Post is
- The winner is the first player to gain 100 points.