h2g2 Post 07.08.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 7thAugust 2003

Editorial

Vacation is just another name for holiday...

As you may or may not know, I am not going to be helping Shazz edit your favourite newspaper next week, I shall be away, and I shall miss you all very much. I sometimes wonder though, why when we take time off from our everyday lives to enjoy ourselves elsewhere, do we pack so much into a few short days that often we return feeling as though we need a few more days off from our everyday lives to recover.

Not that I am hinting here Shazz, I shall of course return in two weeks time, probably jaded and harassed, but keen as ever to get down to work. Of course with me not being here next week, I would really appreciate it if all our writers could get their articles to us as soon as possible so Shazz is not too stressed and over-worked. If not, the next thing you know she will be demanding time off, and then who knows what might happen if there is no Boss around to crack the whip or even worse supply the doughnuts.

If you haven't noticed already, there's a new writer taking the plunge this week. It is of course Blues Shark, with his wonderful regular series, 'Rockin' Around the Clock'. Well worth a read, and if you have a moment why not say hello in conversation.

Finally, we would like to remind you all that the Summer 2003 Caption Competition draws to a close this week. There have been some great captions already submitted these past four weeks but all good things must come to an end, and this week is the last time you will be given the opportunity to submit funny captions to pictures taken at the h2g2 Official Meet - you can win some wonderful prizes! So don't miss out.

Share and Enjoy...

Greebo T. Cat


 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
FEATURES
 
 

  • No!

  • The 7th of August, 1983, Notre Dame

h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1083656

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more