Announcements

0 Conversations


Upcoming and Proposed Meets

AT'03

The Alton Towers Meet 2003 is to be held on the 19th to 21st September. To find out more or to put your name down to go or show interest, then pop along to the meet homepage, and read all about it.

The not-quite-end-of-summer Scottish meetup
Where: Aberdeen
When:6th September

With a plan including a pub, another pub, the beach, amusement arcade, ice cream and more time in the pub, this one's unmissable. More information here.

Dutch Meet 2003

Discussions are underway at The Dutch Researchers Club homepage about the proposed meet, now set to take place the weekend of 26th - 28th September. If you are interested in attending or just finding out more, then pop along to The h2g2 Dutch Meet 2003 Page.

The Bradford Broccoli

(Being the latest in the ongoing vegetable-titled adventures of The Flat Cap and Muffler Sports and Social Club - Affiliated)

The proposed agenda is as follows: Meet in the fair city of Bradford on Saturday, October 4, 2003. Go to the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television and later attend its TV Heaven section
for a private screening of episodes of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Blake's 7. Then sample some of Bradford's justly famous curry and conclude the meet in the time-honoured fashion, with a pub quiz and plenty of ale.

Interested parties should send their ferrets over to The Bradford Broccoli homepage.

Luxembourg Mini-Meet

There's not much information about this Mini-Meet at the moment, but what there is you can
find out at the Luxembourg Mini-Meet homepage. The
date is set for sometime in October, so if you live nearby, and you have some spare time in
October, then this might be worth checking out.



Announcements

Like football? Master B has set up a Phantasy Phootball game for the 2003/2004 season - why not go along and have a go? Because you know you can do better than the manager of your favourite down-on-their-luck football team, right?

MeetSheep will be touring the USA this summer season on a rolling meet, including such places as Boston, New York, Florida and Orlando. Further information may be found at this thread, so if you're in one of thoses areas (or anywhere else nearby) and fancy some kind of meetup with the sheep, go along and have a look.



Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.


All entries for this feature should be mailed to [email protected]

07.08.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1136675

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more