The h2g2 Post 01.06.06

2 Conversations


Posted: 1st June 2006


 

 


June is busting out all over...


... and so are Dan Stevens, Don Gilet and Alex Wyndham to name but three of the actors portraying fairly explicit homosexual acts in the recent airing by the BBC of The Line of Beauty, the Booker Prize winning novel written by Alan Hollinghurst. Adapted by Andrew Davies it goes even further than the recent drama Rome and the surreal comedy Nighty Night as the viewer can be left in no doubt as to what is actually going on. Is it just me or are the BBC becoming far more daring on the small screen whilst, at the same time, clamping down hard on their web sites? I suppose everyone needs to let off steam somewhere...

In other entertainment-related news, our friends from the Douglas Adams Continuum have netted a scoop by persuading Stephen Fry, a good friend of DNA, to take part in a live interview and webchat. Read all about it in their article.

As you can see, this packed edition of The Post has something for everyone. The 'Regulars' section is a little on the light side, however, probably due to the recent Bank Holiday. We have our annual fun with Eurovision and a look forward to the big sporting event starting a week this Friday - it's time to don my England/Nederland kit depending on the match!

With the school and summer holidays looming I expect many of you are already stocking up on books to read. Why not consider writing a review for the H2G2 Bookworms Club? I am sure they would be pleased to receive it and it could even be featured by us.

Finally, an appeal to all those of you who are good at drawing. The cartoon section is looking a little lean these days, so if any of you fancy trying your hand at producing some quality artwork with a comedic twist then do please get in touch with The Post Team. Obviously they should be within the guidelines for both The Post and the BBC (see above!).

Happy reading - see you in two weeks.


ShazzPRME


 

 
FICTION

 

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A11040012

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more