h2g2 Post 23.10.03

5 Conversations


Posted: 23rdOctober 2003

Editorial

...And I think to myself... what a wonderful world...

... You come to the end of 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy', TV or radio series... and the wonderful voice of Mister Louis Armstrong sings the beautiful words from that great song. I don't know about you, but I can't help but be reminded of those words every time I step out of the entrance to the Lair.

The leaves brush gently against my ankles, as the tree's shed their glory, the wind is chill against any unprotected skin, the sky no longer bright blue, yes it's Autumn and it is indeed a wonderful world... and there's nothing better to do on a late October evening than curl up in front of a roaring log fire with a copy of your favourite newspaper and enjoy a really big read.

This week we have the welcome return of 'Keystone Corner' and the start of a brand new fiction part work called 'Errors of Comedy'. Some of the regulars can't be with us this week for various reasons, but I am sure you won't let that stop you enjoying all the good articles we have on offer, including some perplexing competitions, like the Dutch Meet Caption Competition. And talking of perplexing things, did you get our theme from last week? Well for those of you still wondering it was of course Food and Bats, a strange mixture but enjoyable none the less.

This week we had a request from Z Phantom over at the h2g2 Philosopher's Guild, it seems that they have run out of interesting quotes on Life, the Universe and Everything, so if you think you can help them out, then why not pop over with your words of wisdom. You never know if you do, you might be appearing in a future edition of the Post.

Also whilst requesting things, we would love to hear from you about any interesting, strange and indeed spooky goings on for next weeks Hallowe'en Special. Write in and tells us, and make it the best 'Trick or Treat' edition ever.

Share and Enjoy!!

Greebs


FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Quizzical Queen Questions

FEATURES
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161659

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more