Does it Grate?

0 Conversations

You enjoy a product, or find an item you purchased really useful. That last CD was a cracker?

So, being so inspired, you feel compelled to let others know what you thought of it and how much you think like minded people 'out-there' would appreciate it in a similar fashion.

What do you do about? Well I wrote a review for it... and several other items, posted it/them to various points north and south, and promptly forgot about them. Many eons past and I stumble across said sites. I wondered if anybody had read MY reviews, I admit to getting a bit of a buzz at finding a few had. I just had to read the comments... BIG MISTAKE!

Had they found my enthusiastic points useful, had a note of agreement been added...? nope. All I found was review's of MY review, each one a critic of my lack of this detail or that detail or comparison with other products etc, etc.

What do these people DO for a living? Please find below my reply to one such posting and Please feel free to copy, alter and paste it when you find it happening to you!!

What Am I Saying!!!!

No I refuse to change a word. 'The Review Wot I Wrote' was from the point of view of an occasional fan who enjoyed what I listened to and felt it worth a mention.

Do I Give a Dam about who cast the cd cover? Nope.

Do I give a Dam as to who produced it? Nope.

Did I enjoy LISTENING to it? Dam true I did.

So don't pontificate about with this reviewing of another's review, when I want pointers I'll buy some gun dogs.

I'm giving a personal recommendation, not being paid to boast about my knowledge of the music industry.

You want to read 'in depth' reviews? (The sort frustrated and failed wanna-be rock stars write)... go buy a magazine.

There, did I feel better after that? Oh! Yes!

ni^bor

23.10.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1906607

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more