h2g2 Post 18.09.03

2 Conversations


Posted: 18thSeptember 2003

Editorial

Avast there, me hearties!

Don't mind me - it's just that a friend emailed me and reminded me that National 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' was taking place recently and it's a hard to get out of that mode of address. I'm sure it will wear off soon.

Not a lot has happened this week, really. Things have been pretty quiet in and around h2g2 and it looks as if the majority of us are trying to follow the sound advice of DNA and not panic. In five short days the italics should return and, hopefully, we shall all have a clearer picture of what the future holds in store.

One event to brighten the days is The Village de la Vavoom's Second Annual Harvest Festival 2003 - the hustle and bustle of a village event brought right to your doorstep - or PC! Why not drop by and enter your own recipes, try out the competitions or join me in trying to dunk Jodan in a big tank of cold water!

So what does your Post have in store for you this week? First a word about our fiction. I do hope that you have found the time to read all the excellent series which are currently in full swing. We have orcs, dragons, magic and battles a-plenty to keep you on the edge of your seat and 'Custard' - as we affectionately call it around the office - has reached a critical point this week. Remember that they are all archived so that you can start from scratch or catch up with a missed episode.

Our features vary from a Rock festival report to the start of a travelogue encompassing Uganda and the regulars, as ever, come up trumps in their usual style. One cartoon is a little delayed this week, but the others are all present and correct. Please remember that all our contributors really appreciate some feedback - even just an smiley - ok or smiley - laugh can suffice.

Enough of my prattling - go read the interesting stuff!

ShazzPRME


FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161604

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more