A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What video game are you playing?

Post 641

Secretly Not Here Any More

I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, especially as I've had to hold off buying Arkham City and Battlefield to save the moneys for it.

I've just finished Gears of War 3 though, great game. And I've got LA Noir coming from LoveFilm tonight.

Post 642

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I have never been able to get into GOW. Just never floated my boat.

Whilst Skyrim is this massive loominh presence I must say I am also rather excited about Assasins Creed Revalations. Really enjoyed both the Ezio installments (tohught the first game was a bit pap mind).

FB

Post 643

Played Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. Didn't enjoy either much. It seemed to be an excercise in pressing the same button to climb/stab/slap self in the face to stay awake.

Post 644

HonestIago

My friends, whose house and Xbox I occasionally commandeer, have been told go somewhere nice over the next few weeks and again in December so I can have time to play Arkham City and then Skyrim in peace.

They recently went away to Barcelona for a week and I played Deus Ex 3 - highly enjoyable, very atmospheric and a compelling story to it.

Post 645

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Got Assassin's Creed for £1 in a charidee shop. Need to get an XBOx controller to play it properly as trying to use the keyboard mostly results in my hurling the protagonist off tall buildings or accidentally stabbing people.

Post 646

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to Skyrim... less so the possibility I'll have to get a new PC to play it.

Post 647

I just spent north of 500 dabs buying stuff to build a gaming PC specifically to play Skyrim.... meanwhile still not replaced my broken washing maching.

FB

Post 648

Gutted. My xbox won't read any discs from LoveFilm. I'll read my games fine, and the DVD I rented plays in the DVD player, but neither the DVD nor LA Noire will play in the xbox!

There went my weekend.

Post 649

Vip

Oh, that's pretty sad. smiley - sadface

And as for getting a new rig specifically to play Skyrim - that's what we specced our machines for when we finally made the jump from PS3 to PC.

smiley - fairy

Post 650

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

Looking forward to Skyrim too and playing Rage at the moment. My ps3
died on Tuesday, RLOD.smiley - wah Thought it would be easy to get one locally
but they were like hen's teeth. Managed to get the last one in stock,
in ***** so I had to start Rage all over again. Rage is very good but there's a sense of deja-vu about it.
smiley - vampire

Post 651

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I started playing Heavy Rain, but got only a couple of hours in before I got distracted, and I haven't come back to it yet. The problem is that I have so many unwatched DVDs, and I know that if I start a game, I'll be playing it solidly for a couple of months at the very least. I have to work my pile down a bit, but it has a habit of going up even without the distractions.

Post 652

Malabarista - now with added pony

Just got my proper PC back, so now I can finish Oblivion, and play the new Monkey Island. smiley - somersault

Post 653

Dogster

I just found out that you can play Baldur's Gate 1/2 on an Android tablet... so off I go to see if I can get that working now. smiley - smiley

Post 654

tucuxii

Civilisation and Assasin Creed Brotherhood which has the added attraction that if you get bored with a mission you can always pick a fight with the guard and then run away over the rooftops when the cavalry turns up.

Post 655

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I was looking forward to Arkham City smiley - bat and Skyrim smiley - dragon, but fresh of out the box my x-box had a smiley - skull RROD. smiley - skull So guess not.

Post 656

NexusSeven

Battlefield 3. Awesome fun, in that "I'll just have a quick go... whoa, it's now 3am, not to mention four days after I turned the XBox on." sort of way.

Post 657

Baldurs gate on droid tablets?!?!?!? Where, when?

Link please?

FB

Post 658

tucuxii

This is going to be an expensive thread reminding me of great games like Balders Gate and the hilarious Hogs of War - but I'll be good and wait until I've freed renaisance Europe of Borgia scum.

Post 659

Downloaded Penumbra: Overture this morning... I hate that damn glowy-eyed dog.

Post 660

Alfster

Started playing Battlefield 3. A bit disappoited as I didn;t realise it wasn;t a BAd Company game with the large multiplayer maps and different feel from CoD...BF3 has a CoD feel to it which I've grown a little tired of.smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more