A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Elder Scrolls 5!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Post 581

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Hell Flipping YEAH!!!!

Elder Scrolls 5 Trailer!!!! Flipping A!!!!

http://goo.gl/2nHOF

smiley - bigeyes

smiley - wow

smiley - bubbly

Can oyu tell i'm excited?

FB

Post 582

And I have spent most of the evening playing Day of the Tentacle on SCUMM VM for Android.

Top stuff...

FB

Post 583

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

With the other half being cricket obsessed and nocturnal (and stealing our laptop so he can watch said bat n ball game) I have decided to go back to the PS3... Which is handy cos my housemate just bought GT5. Ooops smiley - biggrin

Post 584

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

This week I ha' mostly been playin' World of Warcrack.

Post 585

I wish I hadn't seen the news about ES:5 as my whole internal calender is skewed toward playing that when it ocmes out now... dagnamit next November is ages away......

FB

Post 586

Same here... I wants it *now*!

Post 587

IctoanAWEWawi

me too - still, plenty of time to save up and upgrade the PC so it can fully handle the new engine they're using.

Post 588

Vip

No! I haven't finished ES:4 yet! smiley - yikes

Actually, release away. That means by the time I get to ES:5 people will have found the bugs and Bethseda will have written the patches, and people will have written the walkthroughs to get me through the tricky bits that I can't be bothered to work out on my own.

smiley - fairy

What video game are you playing?

Post 589

The Doc

This week, I are mostly playing 30 year old Space Invaders on my Atari. Cant be doing with all this fangled modern stuff..........

Post 590

Well I am utterly hooked on DOTT on SCUMM VM.

Man the old skool point and click games are still wicked fun even now. Wonder where Zagreb is.....

FB

Post 591

Malabarista - now with added pony

Oooh, I want to play Monkey Island smiley - wah

Post 592

Wel as far as I can gather from the Website SCUMM VM is compatible with virtually every machine under the sun...

Windows, Mac, Lunux, Android, Symbian....

I reckon you probably can play Monkey Island on it Mala!

FB

Post 593

No, we only have it on 5 1/4" floppies smiley - laugh

Post 594

SCUMM VM is a virtual environment so yo7u can play old builds of these games on modern PCs and computing devices.

Have a look on their website lots of people have played Monkey island on it.

http://www.scummvm.org/

FB

Post 595

DOTT is very funny...

FB

Post 596

I know, so's Maniac Mansion. I think you can play it within Day of the Tentacle. smiley - ok

Post 597

But FB, how do you propose she transfers it from the 5 1/4" floppy disks? smiley - laugh

You can get some of the old Lucasarts games (including 'special editions' of Monkey Island 1 and 2) from Steam now.

Post 598

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

A week or two ago, my brother txted me to ask which games I have. I think this may be a clue as to what I am getting for Christmas...

Post 599

I'd say if you legitimately own a copy, then there is no shame in downloading the rom of it from an abandonware site.

I cant see how that is morally or ethically wrong if you do own a copy and just cannot get it onto your PC.

And in fact In many jurisdictions (and I think in Germany) downloading a copy of somerthing you legally own isn't actually a copyright offence.

FB

Post 600

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I was wondering if anyone could give me any recommendations? I love RPGs, but don't like anything based on quick reactions or multi-tasking under pressure, as I am all thumbs and tend to panic. I like RPGs where I can take time to think about what I want to do and when, without having to worry that everything's going to go smiley - tits-up if something distracts me for a second. Turn-based battle systems appeal to me on this basis.
I also really want something with a good story and characters. This is one of the main strengths of RPGs, to my mind. You get the opportunity to explore a situation, develop the characters and carry through a complex plot over several tens of hours.
Now I have a PS3. I gather that turn-based RPGs are pretty much dead in the water on the latest generation of consoles, but I hanker for that combat system that doesn't penalize me for my lack of dexterity. Failing that, Dragon Age: Origins has served me well in most other areas, and anything like it would be well considered.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more