A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Its the Tanzen and Blackberry Show Again

Post 421

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

breakfast cereal, not very good for dipping smiley - laugh

Post 422

tanzen

Aww puppet smiley - cuddle

smiley - rofl

It's ok, you'll be fine after you've had a bit more sleep smiley - cheerup!

smiley - laugh

Post 423

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

never mind, looks like I've got crisps and dips for lunch tomorrow smiley - smiley

Post 424

tanzen

That's the way, just find a way where it's a good thing...

smiley - erm...I'm sure there's a better way of phrasing that...but buggered if I can think of one right now...smiley - headhurts

Post 425

smiley - musicalnote Always look on the bright side of life smiley - musicalnotesmiley - whistle

Post 426

tanzen

That's better smiley - biggrin

If life seems jolly rotten, then there's something you've forgotten,
and that's to laugh and dance and clap and sing smiley - ok!

Post 427

U695218

Hi Tanzen; re earlier subject from Blackberry. You must have Rice Crispies in Oz under a different name. They're made by Kelloggs and are grains of rice which have been "popped" in the same way as popcorn so when you put milk on them, they "snap, crackle and pop". They're noisy! Also chocolate flavour ones are available. Do you know what I'm on about?

What dips are you having with your lunch?

Post 428

tanzen

Ahhh, Rice Bubbles smiley - magic!!!!

Post 429

smiley - whistle (memory like a sieve)

well looking on the bright side in about a month I'll be commencing a vegetarian lifestyle, have an internet link of my own, and be off to Hay-on-Wye for the book festival smiley - smiley

Post 430

tanzen

A book festival smiley - biggrin??

Post 431

dips, a garlicy one and a tomato salsa one smiley - smiley

every year Hay-on-Wye (which is a small town near the Wales-England border full of 2nd-hand bookshops) has a week long book festival. Bill Clinton was star speaker last year but his speech was about 100 quid a ticket so I gave that event a miss. I always visit Hay a couple of times a year, at least once during the festival smiley - smiley

Post 432

tanzen

Well I know another place to put down on my list for if I ever make it to the UK smiley - ok!

Post 433

do so, end of May/beginning of June every year
its the oldest book festival in the UK (about 40 years old I think) but every town now seems to have a jazz, film, book or something festival smiley - smiley
some are better than others of course smiley - erm

Post 434

tanzen

But do you have a comedy festival smiley - biggrin??

(Actually I know you do, there's one in England and one in Scotland that I know of smiley - smiley!)

Post 435

theres the Fringe in Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Festival, you may have heard of it smiley - smiley

apparently Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester and York also have them but I've only been to the Fringe smiley - smiley

then again from what I read in Melbourne you have a comedy festival, a film festival, a horse race (sorry, not my thing) and doubtless many other delights smiley - ok

Post 436

tanzen

Edinburgh's the big one...there's one in Montreal, on in Ireland and one in Brighton...that I know of smiley - smiley

Aye, in Melbourne we're always up for a party...we'll have a festival, show or day off for anything (We have the day off, in Victoria at least, for Melbourne Cup Day, which is the horse race smiley - laugh!)

Post 437

a day off for a horse race, well I wouldn't object smiley - smiley

I'm not exactly what you'd call a sports fan smiley - winkeye

Post 438

tanzen

Well you always put a bet on and watch the Cup...I mean, you get the day off work, it's the least you can do, innit smiley - laugh?

Post 439

I'd agree to go to a pub where a sporting event is being shown but thats the limit of my participation

believe it or mot i don't gamble, not my vice, don't do the lottery, anything like that

Post 440

tanzen

I'm not big on it either...but the cup is like the Grand final (footy)...everyone watches it...

...but I dont watch the grand final...the cup is about 2 minutes so I can deal with that...the footy runs far too long!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more