A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 481

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

smiley - ermI think so, fish hooks smiley - yuk

my mum once broke a swing by sitting on it but it was made by my dad, another klutz, so that was entirely predictable smiley - biggrin

Post 482

tanzen

I got a fish hook in the foot one year...and the year after, another one just above the knee...

...the screwy thing is that it was at my cousins' house...there where four of them, 6 of us, and then parents and my Nan...and I'm the only one who got hooked smiley - laugh!

I broke a chair once at trivia with my dad...and it was when I was getting out of it...smiley - rofl

Post 483

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I'm good at doing diy badly
put flatpack furniture up and I always seem to have bits left over at the end that should've gone in
put a picture hook in the other week only to find it was too big for the thingy on the back of my picture
Put that one up somewhere else but now i need another picture

Post 484

tanzen

Can you use it as a place to hang your coats smiley - laugh??

Post 485

its above my bed so perhaps the dressing gown smiley - biggrin
I've got a picture at my parents but i don't like it any more, although the colours would fit the bedroom colour scheme smiley - smiley
smiley - erm am I getting too domesticated smiley - winkeye

Post 486

tanzen

That's hilarious smiley - laugh

...although, the fact that your bedroom has a colour scheme is, in itself, pretty funny smiley - rofl

...sorry, I'm a bachelor, I live in a bachelor pad...the closest thing I have to a colour scheme is that most of my furniture is blue, and of course all the empty bottles of Johnnie Walker Red smiley - rofl

Post 487

smiley - roflI am getting domesticated then, despite being a bachelor, must be my age
never mind, I'm not ready to take up diy and gardening yet (besides being hopeless at both)

Post 488

tanzen

By the sounds of it, you should just avoid hammers and sharp things smiley - biggrin...

...I'm the opposite of domesticated...when I lived with my folks I was cooking and cleaning all the time...now my decor consists largely of beer cans and pizza boxes smiley - rofl

Post 489

well my mother finds something to complain about every time she visits so there may be hope smiley - biggrin
smiley - erm or that could just be mothers for you

Post 490

tanzen

That's why my mother doesn't come over...smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

(It's really best for both of us that way smiley - smiley)

Post 491

I get on ok with mine most of the time but I couldn't live at home anymore

Post 492

tanzen

I love my Dad, we hang out and drink smiley - ale...

My mother and I are very different...we work together and see each other here all the time...but outside of the office, it's generally as little as possible...

Post 493

get on ok with both parents
even my brother who i used to fight with as a kid and me get on ok now
only my bossy sister and her Christian and Conservative (and conservative) husband get on my nerves but so long as we don't talk politics or religion we manage to get along

Post 494

tanzen

I have three sisters and two brothers...I get along best with the two boys and the sister closest to my age...the other two are ok, but one of them in particular has a habit of rubbing me the wrong way...

...every time I talk religion with my mother we get into this huge fight (she became a catholic abou 10 years ago)...so I've learnt to just bite my tongue...smiley - smiley

Post 495

I have to avoid politics and religion most of the time
My father is turning into a real hangem'n'flogem tory in his old age smiley - grr
my brother is a Tory too so i was surprised when i discovered he was against the war in Iraq
just proves how stupid it is i suppose

Post 496

tanzen

I'm too argumentative, I will disagree with someone purely because I can...I don't like people saying something because that's "just the way it is"...I like to know they have good reasons...

...it can get me into a bit of trouble though...smiley - devil

Post 497

I just got tired of argueing all the time so unless someone says something I find particularly bigoted or offensive I'll keep quiet, or unless I've had a few drinks of course

Post 498

tanzen

I can't help it...sometimes I just feel like people agree with each other just to keep the peace...I like to mix it up a little smiley - winkeye

I was out last night for drinks with someone I'm supposed to be impressing...and while he went off to get some more smiley - ale this guy decided to sit down next to me...I was quite happy to ignore him 'til he started going on about how the Italian people on the next table "weren't even speaking English"...and how people should learn to "speak properly if they want to live in this country"...

...so I had to mention that they weren't doing any harm, and how Australia wasn't even originally an English speaking country anyway...

I was very nice about it....but people like that irk me a little...

Post 499

yes, remarks about immigrants and refugees, usually get me going
often seems to me to be racism by the backdoor

Post 500

tanzen

Exactly!

If the only problem you've got against a person is that you don't know what they're saying when they're not talking to you, I figure you don't have a problem...

...but the people who find problems with it are the ones that smiley - bleep me...it's just ignorance and hate mongering...

...especially in a country like this one...where pretty much everyone is an immigrant!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more