A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Its the Tanzen and Blackberry Show Again

Post 441

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I did watch a world cup final once but only because I'd entered the office sweepstake to be sociable, drawn Brazil and they got to the final

I try and avoid visiting friends when there are big sporting events on, always seem to end up in front of the TV bored out of my mind

Post 442

tanzen

I know what you mean...I got involved when they had the rugby world cup last year, but only because it's one of the few things that australia and ireland comepete against each other in (I have told you we go to an Irish pub, yes smiley - erm?)

On a completely different note...have you got "Mink Car" (TMBG)?

Post 443

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

don't think so, doen't ring a
if you say some of the song names I might recognise them and realise i have got it but it might be a total waste of time

Post 444

tanzen

It's probably the most recent one...with "Older" and "Boss of Me" and "Cyclops Rock"

Post 445

nope, don't recognise them
I'll tell my friend off, he reckons hes a fan and he hasn't got the latest album smiley - laugh

Post 446

tanzen

Maybe he just didn't want to give it to you smiley - bigeyes??

Post 447

smiley - steam thats right, hes bad, blast him for me Tanzen smiley - grovel

Post 448

tanzen

Well, I'll go out for a smoke, hopefully gather up some sort of desire for vengeance, and I'll get back to you smiley - ok!

Post 449

great smiley - ok (hopes Tanzen doen't have second thoughts and decide that as shes evil the more bad people around the better)

Post 450

actually cancel that request smiley - grovel
I think he did copy it for me but its at the end of the CD and I normally just start at the beginning so I haven't heard it as often as the others but i think there was a song about a Cyclopes and was there 1 about a new car with cats or am I just losing it

Post 451

tanzen

I think that's the one smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin

"Cyclops Rock" and "Man it's So Loud in Here" are my favourites off that cd...smiley - ok

Post 452

I'll play again it today, usually i just stick the whole thing on and have to do something else before I get to it
I need sleep
I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense smiley - erm

Post 453

tanzen

Don't worry sunshine, I totally understand what you mean smiley - ok!

Post 454

Good, because i'm not sure i do smiley - winkeye

Post 455

tanzen

Then we're definitely on the same page smiley - rofl!!

Post 456

smiley - rofl ok I'm off now
speak in a week or so
I'll miss you smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

Ian

Post 457

tanzen

Oh, I'm sure you will smiley - bigeyes

Ok, I will catch you later, have a good one smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch!!

Post 458

See, I just couldn't stay away smiley - winkeye
not here for long, just borrowing my mothers computer after Sunday dinner and the obligatory game of scrabble
I do have Mink Car defnitely and I liked the song about the airport being a nightclub now etc, thats "Its so loud in here" isn't it smiley - ok

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 459

ralphverney

I've only ever bought a record because I wanted it, or thought I might like it. Similarly, I've only ever got rid of one if I realised it was a duff performance, or lame work, or if my taste had moved on (I've been collecting now for nearly half a century, and I think it's time I bought a second house, just to stash my records).

The point is, don't give a cuss if other people don't like (or despise) your collection. As a general rule, if someone comes into your house, and starts criticising your furniture and goods, you should think of ending the acquaintance, even if they are 'cool'.

Stand up for your tastes - don't take any cheek.

Ralph Verney smiley - cool

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 460

tanzen

...and of course one of the big advantages of having a daggy (read unsmiley - cool, my non-Aussie brethren smiley - biggrin) cd collection is that you don't have to worry about people stealing your music...

...I've already bought 3 Jeff Buckley cds because people keep stealing them smiley - steam!

(Blackberry, Mink Car probably doesn't have anything on Flood, but "Man it's so loud in here" and "Cyclops Rock" are two of my favourite TMBG songs, not to mention Older, which is the ultimate birthday song smiley - winkeye!)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more