A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 361

tanzen

I have vinyl at my folks' house, but I don't know how much of it I would actually want any more...smiley - blush

(except my Roy Orbison and Travelling Wilbury's records, I definitely want them back smiley - ok!)

Post 362

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I'm slowly replacing the vinyl I still like but some stuff you can't get hold of easily anymore
I've a couple of Martha and the Muffin LPs but all I could get on CD was a Greatest Hits collection smiley - sadface

Post 363

tanzen

I've been looking all over for Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl" and the Travelling Wilbury's first album on cd but to no avail smiley - wah!!

Post 364

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

you'll have to wait until it becomes smiley - cool again

Post 365

tanzen

I don't know if I have that kind of time!!

Post 366

then its beg, borrow or steal smiley - winkeye

Post 367

tanzen

But that's already my working life, social life and love life, does it jhave to be part of my music as well now??

Post 368

either that or find one of those internet exchange things when people make their music collections on hard disc available to each other but you'd need good anti-virus software to do that

Post 369

tanzen

I couldn;'t do it unless I got the 'net at home...and the last thing I need is another reason why I never need to leave the house...smiley - laugh

Post 370

when I get the net at home my total withdrawal from RL should be effected smiley - smiley
well at least for a week or so until I get bored and decide I've been smiley - online2long

Post 371

tanzen

No, I have a feeling that the only thing that would get me out of the house would be my smiley - ale lust smiley - rofl!

Post 372

yes virtual smiley - ale just isn't the same is it smiley - biggrin

Post 373

tanzen

Not at all smiley - cheers!

I was actually seeing someone a while ago who I was trying convince that I'm evil...he said there was no way anyone in the world would ever be scared of me...

...then one day we were watching telly and he grabbed my smiley - stout...I looked him right in the eye and said "Put it down! It's mine!!!"

...the look of absolute fear in his eyes....smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

The moral of the story is...never come between a tanzen and her beer!

Post 374

still not convinced you're evil
there are some things that just shouldn't be done smiley - smiley

Post 375

tanzen

No one believes that I'm evil until they cross me....and after that they're always so ridculously well behaved....smiley - evilgrin...

Post 376

smiley - rofl i'm such you're a stickler for correct behaviour Tanzen

Post 377

tanzen

I was walking down the street the other night with my little brother and he was dawdling...so I said "come on, keep up, you dizzy b*tch!"

(I would never say it in a mean way...he's pure sunlight and he knows it)

...some guy on the street looked a little shocked and said "That's a bit harsh!" to which I looked him right in the eye and replied "Yes. But it's the only way he'll learn!!" smiley - laugh

We walked across the road, pi$$ing ourselves laughing...but it's the truth...smiley - evilgrin!!

Post 378

smiley - rofl sorry, I'm in stitches here,that is the funniest thing I have heard in ages, I'm getting odd looks from my team leader now, thankyou for that smiley - cuddle

Post 379

tanzen

smiley - musicalnote I didn't mean to hurt you...I'm sorry that I made you laugh...smiley - musicalnote

Hope I didn't get you in trouble smiley - cheerup!

Post 380

no trouble, just lucky I didn't get a call since reading it, I'm still having difficulty keeping a straight face smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more