A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 321

tanzen

I know what you mean...I don't have a lot of overtly "happy" music...smiley - erm...

...but most music makes me happy, so does that mean it all counts smiley - erm??

Post 322

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

smiley - erm dunno
I have got some very funny very silly stuff
A guy called Robert Calvert, used to be in Hawkwind, produced a couple of albums
"Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters" was about the Lockheed Starfighters unfortunate tendency to crash
"Lucky Leif and the Longships" was his take on the consequences of the Vikings colonising North America
very smiley - weird man

Post 323

tanzen

But lets remember that, in this thread 9well, for as long as it's just the two of us in here smiley - biggrin) smiley - weird is smiley - coolsmiley - ok!

Post 324

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

oh, I like smiley - weird, and "Ejection" and "Catch a Falling Starfighter" are actually singalongable to smiley - laugh

Post 325

tanzen

There will always be a special place in my heart for singalongs smiley - ok!

(I'm off to lunch now, back in an hour or so smiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - ticklesmiley - run!)

Post 326

speak soon smiley - ok
I shall sit here trying to work out if its my computer or hootoo thats acting up tonight
Given that our search engine has gone done twice tonight I may not be able to blame the BBC for this 1 smiley - laugh

Post 327

tanzen

Aye, my hootoo was mucking up as well...smiley - steam...

Post 328

darn, I could've moaned at my manager about something she has absolutely no control over if it had been us smiley - laugh

Post 329

tanzen

...but I wouldn't want you to blow your cover smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye !

Post 330

I know I'm a spy now but I still haven't worked out if I spying on the people here for someone out there, or if we here are spying on someone out there, or maybe I'm a double agent, or ... smiley - headhurts

Post 331

tanzen

Maybe you're spying on the people in there for another organisation which secretly and ultimately owns said company smiley - erm??

Post 332

all too much, can't cope smiley - winkeye

Post 333

tanzen

*mutters to herself*

Crikey, they'll let anyone be a spy these days, won't they smiley - bigeyes??

Post 334

get a much lower class of spy now they don't just recruit public school boys who went to Oxford
smiley - erm except the better sort of spy was usually working for the ruskies

Post 335

tanzen

Wow, they pay people in alcholic soft drinks over there smiley - yikes??

Post 336

isn't alcoholic soft drink a contradiction in terms smiley - huh

Post 337

tanzen

I always thought so...smiley - cheers!

Post 338

So is Ruskie an Australian alcopop smiley - huh
smiley - yuk I don't know why I'm saying smiley - yuk
I've never actually drank an alcopop and have no intention of ever doing so smiley - cheers

Post 339

tanzen

Do you have lemon ruskies over there (or it may be ruski, not sure...)

I will only drink them if there are no other options available...and that means no scotch and no beer...why on earth would I be anywhere there's no scotch or beer smiley - weird??

I know a guy at the pub...big roughnut he is...a painter...always in ripped clothes...tattoos entirely covering one arm and halfway down the other...

...he drinks "fruit tingles".

...If you don't know what fruit tingles are...the name is a good indicator...and it's a lovely shade of purple...smiley - biggrin...

Post 340

smiley - rofl fruit tingles
might be good for breakfast instead of smiley - oj but otherwise I can see no earthly use for them

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more