A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1641

The Groob

I really don't see how foxhunting can be defendable in any way. And I'd add use of the whip in horseracing to that.

Petty Hates

Post 1642

heartogld

Agreed. smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 1643

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

the good doctors so called sarcasm smiley - tongueoutsmiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 1644

Watermusic

Have you ever had what you thought was a well-protected chickenhouse absolutely devastated with dead birds everywhere?

Have you ever had to shoot a fox with an air rifle because the animal was almost bald with mange and had maggots in it?

Have you ever even ridden a horse properly?

Petty Hates

Post 1645

bubba-fretts

Ever been ripped to f*ck by a pack of dogs?

Petty Hates

Post 1646

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

If you're shooting an animal to put it out of its misery, thats different, they usually are too ill to lead 'people' on a merry dance across

jjg

the country.
Killing healthy animals for the pleasure of it is just cruel, an theyre wild foxes, they're meant to hunt and kill things, thats what wild animals do! If you had the choice of chasing your dinner, which might not be half the substanance, or going to the cupboard/freezer and fetching it, what would you do?
Gees, we're not cave folk anymore.

Petty Hates

Post 1647

The Groob

Has anyone heard the song that's number one at the moment? Remember that song 'Valerie'? Well it takes the 'Valerie, call on me' bit AND THAT'S IT! All the way through.

Petty Hates

Post 1648

AlexoOo

Don't knock it 'til youve seen the video.

I thought it was a Phil Collins (hacks up phlegm and spits) song that they ripped off.

Petty Hates

Post 1649

The Groob

It does sound a bit like the high pitched bit that Phil Collins does in every song. It's actually by Steve Winwood and is called 'Valerie'.

Petty Hates

Post 1650

Researcher 185550

I don't listen to the charts any more. I'm not sure if my tastes changed (likely) or pop all suddenly became cr*p, but I sort of stopped one year.

Petty Hates

Post 1651

The Groob

Yeah same here. I would say that all the songs in the chart sound the same but maybe then I'm starting to sound like my parents.

Petty Hates

Post 1652

Researcher 185550

They don't all the same. There's some really new and innovative forms of noise pollution out there smiley - winkeye.

Petty Hates

Post 1653

The Doc

Dear Watermusic
*Have you ever had what you thought was a well-protected chickenhouse absolutely devastated with dead birds everywhere?

Have you ever had to shoot a fox with an air rifle because the animal was almost bald with mange and had maggots in it?*

THAT is called NATURE. Nature dictates that a Fox is a predator, it does not dictate that to then control that issue you have to dress up like a horde of pantomime extras and then chase the predator so that your predators (Dogs) do away with it.
If you let loose the dogs by themselves, then to a degree I would have no issue as it is animals versus animals. It is braying twats on horseback that go along "For the fun of it" that really wind me up.

On another subject - Yes, heard that "Song" that is number one and I truly believe that any inovation in music is now completely dead.
~Is that all we have to look forward to - multiple endless "Sampled" songs churned out by talentless idiots for tone deaf idiots?

Petty Hates

Post 1654

i deaviate from this deep seated debate over the merits of fox hunting to say.....CALL ON ME HAVE A F**KING GREAT VIDEOsmiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 1655

The Doc

That may well be the case, but the wailing dirge that goes with it is like being attacked by a tribe of tone deaf killer pygmies, armed with Hammer drills intent on extracting your brain via your earholes.......
That "Song" is the least imaginative worst heap of poo that has ever been born for teenies consumption...........

If you think I am having a pop at 21st Century "Art", then I readily confess that the first such repetitive wailing I ever heard was from T Rex back in the 70's. Cant remember the Title, but the lyrics went:

Have you ever seen a woman
Coming out of New York City
With a Frog in her hand........

That was repeated ENDLESSY, over and over and over and over and over until you either exploded or stabbed yourself to put yourself out of your misery...................

Petty Hates

Post 1656

i lie doctor your sarcasm levels are through the roof....

sorry

damn anime

i agree every song to come out of todays pop scene is the worst crap ever invented, bar the chanting of the cisteen monks (doctor no pointing out my spelling mistakessmiley - biggrin) but i agree, listing to any of this manufactured crap (busted s club mcfly girls aloud etc etc) dance crap (alice deehay , dj otzi or ne of that stuff) tecno, so on and so forth is like being forced to eat your entire family whilst watchin a rampant russian fornicate with a live watersnake as you bang your head off ov a pile of nails and dog doo

***no offence to any russians reading it was just the first country name to pop into mungojerries skull****smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 1657

Watermusic

Well, I only wear a pantomime suit when I am in Pantomime, and I didn't have a horse to ride, I was a foot follower, and at that would have classed myself as Rural Middle Class. The two times when I was 'in at the kill' the first Reynard had 'gone to ground'and was left and the second he had 'gone to ground' also, but the land-owner/farmer insisted he was dug out - which they did and the fox was shot.
This didn't mean that I wasn't (am not) keen on the environment and conservency.
I can give you a full history of hunting if you like - it actually started as a Rural Lower Class income support activity.

The fox I had to put down was in such a state because they don't have that type of hunting here, which would have eliminated this diseased specimen earlier. However they do have shooting with dogs for hare and game birds. It's amazing how often they miss the game birds and one has to take dogs, cats, egrets, small hawks (and even a Gannet) to the vets with shotgun wounds.

Should we have a plague of mice or rats - we hunt them with a pack of dogs (if the cats haven't coped). If we had a surplus of wild rabbits, I would not hesitate to use ferrets.
For mosquitos, flys, wasps and clothes moths we use insecticide.

I have my opinion - you have yours.
Full Stop.

I have little opinion on 'pop' music however. I only buy it if I like it.

This reply has been delayed as I was called out.

Petty Hates

Post 1658

The Groob

I've spent the last two days watching a volcano that is supposed to 'imminently erupt'.

Petty Hates

Post 1659

you live round there spinksy?

Petty Hates

Post 1660

HonestIago

In addition to my "I hate rude people" rant, we have the events of last night, where I had nothing but an 8 hour procession of a*seholes who are making me seriously consider quitting my job, which will have a serious negative effect on my education. Highlights of this shift included someone threatening to urinate in front of me and then kill me and a bunch of 16 year olds calling me a "fat, queer b*****d" all of which are true but I don't like a bunch of pre-pubescent bovines telling me this.
What compels people to be so rude to people who are doing a minimum wage, minimum respect, minimum authority job?

Key: Complain about this post