A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1621

The Groob

Car drivers in double-lane roads who thinks it's 'hard' to not stop at zebra crossings when the car in the next lane has stopped.

Petty Hates

Post 1622

AlexoOo

(Yeah, well, mumbles to himself about that crossing lollipop person who should really be sacked really for doing a really bad job really, and I don't normally get annoyed about that kind of thing but she should be shot through the head with a really big gun really.)

Where I work we have two large painted signs on the road that say KEEP CLEAR, for the entrance and exit to the car park. For some reason, maybe the paint is the wrong colour BRIGHT white, but loads of drivers can't read them.

Petty Hates

Post 1623

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

People who live 10 minutes walk from thier kids school/s but insist on taking a 30minute/hour car drive to take them there, and then complain about the traffic.

Finally learning that a film that you've been dying to see is on the tv and setting up the video to tape it and halfway through the electric runs out/there's a power cut.

Petty Hates

Post 1624

doggybacchus

It's because 99% (+/-2%) of drivers don't look more than 2 inches beyond their bonnett while they're driving.

Petty Hates

Post 1625

doggybacchus

Sorry AlexoOo - I must type quicker.

Petty Hates

Post 1626

Researcher 185550

The word 'meh'. Especially when said, actually pronounced rather than a sort of nasal grunt, by someone who considers themself to be 'random'.

Petty Hates

Post 1627

Joe Fish

Two-ply toilet rolls where the two sheets don't line up quite right so you get a step kind of thing when you tear a piece off and then you find yourself having to straighten it up before you use it and then you realise the pointlessness of what you've just done.............(makes note to self...must get out more!)

Petty Hates

Post 1628

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

A solution to the 2-ply bog roll problem.

Separate the plies and unwind the outer one by one revolution. Hey-presto, it should now line up.
And you think YOU need to get out more??
smiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 1629

The Groob

In the early days of aeroplanes, an aircraft manufacturer had a problem with planes' wings literally ripping off due to the stresses of flight. They set up a suggestion box and asked EVERYONE to contribute ideas and suggestions. One unusual suggestion - to put holes into the metal beams holding the wings - was tried and found to work! The company traced the source of the idea and were suprised to find the suggestion was from the toilet cleaner.

"How on earth did you know that?" they asked him.

He replied "well the thing about toilet paper is that it never tears on the dotted line."

Petty Hates

Post 1630

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

i work in a call center an i hate nay despise it when people jump straight in and either read out there mobile number without even waiting for me to the company greeting or even tellin me the problem with the mobile they jus com through and go ok its 077------- or when they say can i give you a mobile number arrge i also really hate it when people say "hello, hello, hello, hello" evn when your silent for only 1 second whilst you open a different screen on your computer

Petty Hates

Post 1631

The Groob

This is a very petty one but it used to annoy the hell out of me when I worked on the phones with the lovely public: you call someone and they answer 'hello' and as you draw breath to speak they almost immediately say 'hello?' again.

Petty Hates

Post 1632

HonestIago

I hate people who are rude to people when these people are dealing with circumstances outside their control. I'll give an example:
Last Friday the cinema I work for decided to stop accepting 2003/2004 NUS cards as all the Universities in Manchester had been back for a while and so everyone has had enough time to get their new 2004/2005 cards. I swear that for every 10 students I served 7 of them tried to use their old ones and at least half of those were rude when I said I couldn't accept it.
Ignoring the vast numbers of foreign students who truly don't have a clue what I was trying to tell them (another petty hate but I'll leave it for now) I can't tell you how frustrating it was. The low-point was one girl who was arguing and arguing and the more she argued the more I thought she was lying, had graduated last year and was just being cheap. In the end she started calling me all the b*****ds under the sun and I just refused her entry, told her to get lost.
Why won't people understand I don't make the rules I just have to enforce them or lose my job smiley - grrsmiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 1633

i despise that too spinks i feel you pain

Petty Hates

Post 1634

honest i fel your pain also lol especially with the people who have a very very basic understanding of the english language you can imagine how hard it is to try to get across a irreversible company rule over the phone without being able to use any bodylanguage to some one who knows the words vodafone, hello, can you except my mobile, and another pet hate is when the customer (who we aint supposed to be dealing with anyway cos we aint a customer facing department just parrots what a previous department has wrongly told them to sound like they know what theyre talking about then when you tell them the real fact they refuse to beleive you because the dumbass they was talking to before you told them something more attractive then the actual thing im telling them

Petty Hates

Post 1635

HonestIago

I feel your pain. I don't mind foreigners so much because when I travel abroad I must be just as much of a pain in the a*s to them as they are to me, so I accept that as karmic, its people who are rude that really get to me, especially since I can't retaliate and tell them to "F**k off you arrogant, patronising piece of filth, would you speak to anyone else like you just spoke to me, your mother should have washed your mouth out with soap" like I'd really love to be able to

Petty Hates

Post 1636

The Groob

Another one is when you're making an official call to gather information and they person at the other end is hellbent on proving that you're a burglar and whatever you tell them they continue with the same attitude and treat you with the disdain they'd treat a burglar.

Petty Hates

Post 1637

one thing i really hate (movin on for a while from the call center griping) and have been known to fly off the handle about is people singin lyrics to great songs wrong

Petty Hates

Post 1638

The Doc

Things I hate - Cold Callers, Traffic Wardens, people who come to your door trying to get you to sign up to another Gas/Water/Electric company, anyone who drives a Smart Car or a 2CV, sitting in the window seat of a plane next to a fat bloated person with Halitosis who spills out into my seat space, people who who will not take the hint and continue to talk to you on a plane, politicians, Prize Draw letters swearing you are in the priviliged last few to win a million, the EU, people who call my mobile trying to get me to move to another package, reality shows, Jordan (the model not the country), Religion, Pot Noodle, Thank God Its Friday restaurants that charge the same in £ that they charge in $ in the States, The tax man and anyone who hunts Foxes. That should do for now.........smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 1639

The Groob

Yeah. I hate any Americanised entertainment in the UK. Why Americanise a bowling alley for god's sake?

Petty Hates

Post 1640

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

I agree about the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable. They defend their 'ancient way of life' as if Society's opinions don't change. The same people no doubt regret the abolition of slavery and sex and race equality.
That'll stir up a hornets' nest!

Key: Complain about this post