A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1601

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I wouldn't worry too much
sounds pretty normal to me

Petty Hates

Post 1602

Researcher 185550

Oh, is that the "I'm not your sister!" one?

Yeah, me too.

Petty Hates

Post 1603

AlexoOo

Yeah!!

"Calm down, it's a commercial"

"Eat chainsaw, you patronising, nasal voiced old toad!"

Petty Hates

Post 1604

Researcher 185550

It is the worst thing ever, EVER, when people know they're in an ad/tv program/cartoon/play.

It is the second worst thing ever to say "commercial" in an English accent.

Petty Hates

Post 1605

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

*is trying, but not succeeding, in imagining someone saying commercial in an english accent*
how would that sound?!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 1606

Researcher 185550

k'MAHshl.

Petty Hates

Post 1607

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

*tries to keep a streight face*.....i cant!...smiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh thats so wierd! cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 1608

Researcher 185550

Yeah, it is. It's annoying as well, but I haven't seen the ad for a while. I hope they've taken it off TV.

Petty Hates

Post 1609

GEEZE I BET! what comerc... k'MAHshl is that?
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 1610

AlexoOo

My father sings Mmmm-bop my Hanson on a regular basis. Even though he doesn't know the words. I mean the chorus just goes mmm-bop dooh dooh dooh mmmm-bop for god's sake. And I dislike being reminded it even existed.

Petty Hates

Post 1611

AlexoOo

My father sings Mmmm-bop by Hanson on a regular basis. Even though he doesn't know the words. I mean the chorus just goes mmm-bop dooh dooh dooh mmmm-bop for god's sake. And I dislike being reminded it even existed.

Petty Hates

Post 1612

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

smiley - erm I didn't know it dif exist until now
What am I luckily escaping the advert for ... a TVphobesmiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 1613

Watermusic

There's a whole household here who loathe (hate is too gentle a word) THAT 'sister' commercial. Everybody reaches for the mute button at the same time!
Yeugghhh. I'm sure it was on again last night.

Petty Hates

Post 1614

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Quite an unpetty hate this one-large bore exhausts on stupid little cars smiley - grr

Having just had such an exhaust removed from my car(which was bought off a boy racer) i am now relishing the experience of being able to hear my stereo over the sound of the enginesmiley - ok

What in gods name is the point? Why spend money on something that only has one purpose-to make one hell of a racket-aren't cars intrusive enough? Is it some kind of small c*ck thing?the smaller the kn*b the larger the exhaust? Are we supposed to be fooled into thinking that your stupid wee Fiat actually has a 2.0L engine in there somehere??smiley - erm

Another one- gristle in chickensmiley - yuksmiley - yuk Usually the last bite of a chicken sandwich and- crunchsmiley - ill It's (almost) enough to make me go vegitarian.If i had one wish? Never mind world peacesmiley - yawn- i want a GUARANTEE that i will never eat or see another piece of gristle in any chicken i consume.

Petty Hates

Post 1615

Researcher 185550

When you're lying in bed, and the phone rings, and you suddenly realise that you're going to have to get up and run to get it. And then having run and had a (hopefully) coherent conversation, you're not going to be able to get back to sleep so you have to stay up and it's enough to make you weep.

Petty Hates

Post 1616

doggybacchus

Include with the exhaust thing any unnecessary bolt-on appendage to make the car look like something it ain't: sills, spoilers big enough to provide sufficient down force to keep the space shuttle from taking off, massive wheel arches, etc, etc, especially when the owner then can't be bothered to paint them and they stay that nasty grey colour with body filler highlights.

If they spent as much time thinking about driving properly as they do 'beautifying' their cars, the roads would be a safer place to sit in jams on.

Petty Hates

Post 1617

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Too true smiley - ok
Personally, i think the driving age should be raised to 21.. and i'm also in favour of regular compulsory re-testing- say every 3 years (assuming test wont cost too much- say about £30 max).

Petty Hates

Post 1618

AlexoOo

Lollipop persons (crossing attendants) who take forever getting kids across the road, have a converstion with a mother who stops in the middle of the bleeding road to chat, and then give you a filthy look when yo parp your horn because they are making you late for work.

Petty Hates

Post 1619

car drivers who think the world revolves around them and speed up as they approach zebra crossings in an attempt to deter people from using them or rev their engines as people are crossing smiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 1620

doggybacchus

I dream of a day when drivers are given a grade after their three-yearly re-test. This grade would then correspond to a list of cars that they were then allowed to drive. Grade 5: Trabant to Skoda, Grade 4:Fiat to Ford Fiesta etc up to Grade 1: TVR's, Ferrari's and so on.

I suspect that Skoda shares might be worth buying now in the event that this comes to pass in the next few years.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more