A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1681

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

People who shout in cyberspace! Please just check before posting.
smiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 1682

The Groob

What's with all the banning lately? BAN this! BAN that! Why on earth are they trying to ban conker fights at school? There are a million ways to deal with or solve ANY problem. The common sense solution is to make conkers as safe as possible with goggles and gloves. But no, they have to ban. And BAN sports day instead of encouraging children to find something they're good at. The way things are going children will end up sat in the middle of an empty room doing nothing.

Petty Hates

Post 1683

The Groob

I just went to a joke site to get some ammo for the jokes thread. As soon as I found the page I wanted I got a stupid pop up thing saying "do you want to download blah blah". I clicked 'no' but immediately a box came up saying "you must press 'yes' to continue" and I couldn't access any more of the site. This is infuriating and all too common. I will not download something and I will not visit this site again so their smart alek marketing ploy has failed.

Petty Hates

Post 1684

The Groob

The internet has failed! It's not often you search for something you can't find. I'm trying to find the lyrics for Driver 67 Car 67 but it doesn't exist on the net.

I can remember:

I don't wanna do the pick up..
To tell you the truth I had a bad bad night...
My girl left home in the middle of the night..

Or something.

I can find 'Lucky Stars' by Dean Friedman but that's no consolation.

Petty Hates

Post 1685

kilroywashere

Control this is 67 hear
I can hear you loud
and can hear you clear ... or something like that

Petty Hates

Post 1686

dasilva

A world without the likes of Douglas Adams and John Peel smiley - cry

Petty Hates

Post 1687

Researcher 185550

I know, it's so sad smiley - cry.

Everyone's dying.

Petty Hates

Post 1688

AlexoOo

That song was about a taxi cab driver, the song was named after his cab No eg car 49? Was out in the 70's but other than that, I don't recall.

Petty Hates

Post 1689

kilroywashere

People who call me Victor Meldrew... I not that miserablesmiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 1690

Zantic - Who is this woman??

The stupid smiley - bleep's of TNT who have decided that DNA is dangerous and they cannot transport it. It's already been two weeks onthe four weeks I've got left of my student stipend and I can't do anything else but write up and and and...

Oooooppppssss, sorry, this isn't really a petty hate...more like a full blown vendetta!

Zantic smiley - dragon

Petty Hates

Post 1691

Ballynac

I get called Victor as well. Totally unjustified too!!

Petty Hates

Post 1692

AlexoOo

Stop moaning, Meldrew!

Petty Hates

Post 1693

kilroywashere

Bah Humbug - just hate everyone ... it saves time

Petty Hates

Post 1694

Researcher 185550

Cds that skip and refuse to play your favourite tracks smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 1695

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

get them skimmed much cheaper than rebuying them!

Scratchbusters (http://www.scratch-busters.co.uk/)

Petty Hates

Post 1696

Researcher 185550

smiley - ok Thanks for the link!

Petty Hates

Post 1697

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I use 'em quite a bit, 2 year olds and game discs just don't mix.

Petty Hates

Post 1698

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

LIFE

Petty Hates

Post 1699

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Skipping CD's, scratched mobile/ camera phone screens, etc should soon be a thing of the past.. According to last weeks edition of New Scientist, at least two manufacturers have developed a new coating which is *totally* scratch proofsmiley - ok i.e. an experimenter rubbed a CD with steel wool as hard as he could for several minutes without any scratches appearing on the surface at all, and the CD played perfectly smiley - somersault

Petty Hates

Post 1700

Researcher 185550

That sounds wonderful!

But I read New Scientist a lot as well, and I have yet to see one of their featured products for sale.

Ooooh! Did you see that soundbug thing? Now I do know they're available and smiley - drool I want one.

Key: Complain about this post