A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Misunderstandings?

Post 161

quickssandra

B'Elana,

There were a couple of references to 'invasions' by different people, I was just trying to make you all understand our feelings.

I have been helped a lot today already, TimeTraveller has sorted out my message centre, my smileys and postings, and I know I'll be asking for a lot more help, it's great you're all there to help out!

I think we just need some time to settle in, then everyone who thinks their feathers have been ruffled will see how helpful and pleasant a community h2g2 is.

I agree with BDG though, and as I wrote, it could be the best thing to allow us to have a thread open to get people over here. You'll see we're a rather pleasant bunch!

By the way, we were invaded several times, so we know what you mean! Honestly, we're not like that! We just like a bit of smiley - ale andsmiley - bubbly!

QS

Misunderstandings?

Post 162

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks for that, QS, I was really worried I had given you a completely wrong impression. Go spread the word, all <./>ACES</.> are here to help, and most other people will help if asked, volunteers or not. smiley - smiley

Misunderstandings?

Post 163

Elentari

We understand that it will take you a while to settle it; we'll be patient, don't worry! Hootoo is a very welcoming place! smiley - smiley

Misunderstandings?

Post 164

Smij - Formerly Jimster

As B'Elana noted, we do already have clubs that you can join and other places that you can congregate, but we can't set up a board that might be seen as h2g2 replacing R2. Considering how difficult the decision was to close the boards, we don't want to look opportunist as we welcome you with open arms.

(And at the risk of being a bit defensive, I can promise you h2g2 hasn't been a priority here. But we, er, were here first. We even predate Wikipedia.)

It's very early days, so if you can work with us for the time being, we'll try to help everyone find their way round. And in the meantime, here's some music:

A2700488
A199389
A354593

Misunderstandings?

Post 165

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

smiley - boingsmiley - divasmiley - magicsmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - choc
(Most serious threads end in a party this way < A630019 &gtsmiley - winkeye

Misunderstandings?

Post 166

Andy

smiley - titparrrty heysmiley - bigeyesstarts conga to link smiley - rofl

Closure of the R2 NACA Board

Post 167

The Myth Of Fingerprints

Not content with closing the R2 NACA board.

The moderators have removed 2 of my posts which told other posters where some of us have moved to!

What is that all about?

Post 168

RAB

Getting there own back myth?

Never have we been so united.smiley - smiley

Post 169

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Just so you know, we don't answer moderation queries onsite. If you want to discuss a specific moderation decision, you have to reply to the email that you received.

smiley - smiley

Post 170

The Myth Of Fingerprints

Hi RAB,

I just think it's petty.

They don't want us but they don't want anyone else to have us.

TMOF

Post 171

Andy

hello if you are unsure as to why it has been revoved just reply to the e-mail you get smiley - ok

Post 172

The Myth Of Fingerprints

Yeah, tried that before.

Never get a reply.

Post 173

RAB

Hi,

My thoughts exactly Myth

It is petty. BDG had a discussion locked and censored for what Andy tells me no valid reason. smiley - erm

Post 174

RAB

Yeah same here I gave up replying because you just never got a reply. Not that I was modded that much you understand smiley - smiley

Post 175

Andy

smiley - erm give it a bit they might be busy smiley - smiley

Post 176

RAB

I understand that they might be but there’s busy and then there’s disregard.

Post 177

The Myth Of Fingerprints

So, has anyone decided where the best place to post in here is yet?

Is it ASK h2g2, The Forum, Misc. Chat?

I want to be in the same place as the rest of you (hate to think I am missing anything)

TMOF

Post 178

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I just want to say, I hope you Radio 2 folks will be happy here, I was once.

Goodbye

Post 179

Andy

is it boards where you replyed before or here i know you some might be new to h2g2 but some of you from what i have read some have poped in before

i have got a reply before today smiley - erm

Post 180

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit reading on
"Too late, you already missed many conversations and there are more every minute.

I once tried, during the summer holidays to follow each and every conversation, each and every Entry written. With only fifty Researchers online it was a days job, making overtime. After two days I lost track, still am by the way smiley - weird < <./>info?cmd=conv</.> >"

Key: Complain about this post