A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Closure of the R2 NACA Board

Post 201

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - sorry this is probably going to sound like a daft question, (if you hang around long enough, you'll even get used to my [daft] questions smiley - whistle) but what does NACA stand for? smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - cracker

Post 202

quickssandra

Vic,

They've been very nice to me, shown me how to post, do smileys, send messages to people etc.

It will take a while to get my head round it, but I'm going to try!!

QS

Post 203

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

News and Current Affairs. Think of The Forum.

Post 204

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - cheers Roy smiley - smiley

'Think of The Forum' nah, I'd rather not smiley - tongueincheek

Emmily
smiley - cracker

Post 205

aka Bel - A87832164

With you there, Em - I've just smiley - lurked there - it's scary smiley - yikes

Post 206

Cripes. The Radio 2 thingy is removing all the posts with a link to the NACA's new non-BBC site. I'm angry and I'm not even affected! What in the name of 'publicly funded broadcasting that can still manage to fund the tripe on BBC3 from 19:00 to 20:00 tonight' is going on?

Pitiful behaviour from the BBC.

Post 207

aka Bel - A87832164

How can they still post there if the board is closed? Sorry if I'm being thick here.

Post 208

smilingAtticus

Selsey

http://jezzasexiles.eamped.com/

Have a look, you may feel at home there. VL

Post 209

It's not closed yet - not until the 12th, so they're trying to let their fellow forumites know where they're going, and the BBC keeps removing the links. Shoddy.

Post 210

smilingAtticus

QS.

Have a look here.

http://jezzasexiles.eamped.com/

Vic.

Post 211

smilingAtticus: posting the same link in the space of three posts is spamming and is against the House Rules. Please desist: there are now enough places in enough threads where people can find the link. I don't think they should be removed from the R2 boards as the R2 posters can see them there, but I think all the R2 posters who moved to h2g2 have the link in their personal spaces or have been sent it as a message, so posting it again here is unnecessary.

Post 212

aka Bel - A87832164

Vic, you shouldn't post this link here more often as it would constitute flooding and/or spamming, which is against the <./>houserules</.> - just want to let you know.

Post 213

quickssandra

I'm on board Vic, but I'm really annoyed about the fact that the Hosts said and I quote,
'During the next week, we’re happy for users to post links to external message boards outside the BBC (house rules permitting) where they might like to continue talking to each other.'

Now they're taking them away as soon as anyone tries to post a link to any site, apart from BDG's message, which they can't remove as it's a DNA one!

The scouts, ACEs etc here are brilliant, answer you straightaway if you have a query, but the Hosts on Radio 2 are just taking posts away and not replying to queries. Not a way to run boards.(Is that why the board is going???????)

I wonder. It makes me very, very cynical!

Anyway, off for a smiley - bubbly in the new bar, see you there Vic.

QS

Post 214

aka Bel - A87832164

Nice simpost, Roy smiley - smooch

Post 215

You got the proper houserules link in!

Post 216

aka Bel - A87832164

I was lucky it works, I didn't preview, and with my dodgy keyboard which only types some letters and not others, itI couls have posted a broken link, and you know what that means smiley - yikessmiley - spacesmiley - laugh

Post 217

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"< www.writersdock.co.uk > another community in exile smiley - sadface"

Post 218

You'd think the BBC would have mentioned The Underguide to the Get Writing peeps prior to ditching them. Then again, Writer's Dock looks a lot nicer!

Post 219

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit and if we did smiley - sadface
"Even 'Jodan' promoted the < <./>UnderGuide</.> > on the closure threads.

Same as we have here: individuals are welcome, a gettho formed by a group from another site is not. Well it does make sense and several have become Researchers smiley - smiley. "

Post 220

Yeah, it does make sense, but it seems a shame for people to set up external sites when the BBC already have an equivalent here.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more