A Conversation for The Manifesto for the Campaign to rename Thursday, "Thing"

The Manifesto for the Campaign for big hair & ra-ra skirts

Post 8321

Einauni Muznobotti

Oh yeah ... the previous posting is by me, by the way.

Post 8322

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

That's a relief. which country are you in?

Post 8323

HappyDude

he is in South Africa.

Post 8324

Uncle Heavy [sic]

thats terrible

Post 8325

Einauni Muznobotti

At the minimum, my Dad is going to quit his job. I mean, how can he go back there ... there are people who want to kill him and the University authorities cannot protect their employees! He's the head of the Department of Afrikaans at the University of the North over here, which is the only university in the Northern Province. It is apparently because of a dispute between him and some of his students. The two guys weren't his students but they referred to the memorandum the students handed over to him. But I mean, get this, they pointed guns in his face, against his head, MANY TIMES they said they were going to kill him, made him lie down on the floor, took his computer and his knife, and would have taken money and cellphones too if he had it with him ... in his office at the University, and they locked him in and got away. They got past the security ... people were in the offices next door to him ... if anybody had walked in during the ordeal, my dad and that person might now have been dead.

This upset me a lot. A few years ago, the father of a school friend of mine *was killed* while he was in his office. A gang of men burst in there and butchered him, with knives. Things like that happen over here. My dad could easily have been killed.

My dad's not going back there anytime soon, and doesn't want my mom to go either. Like I said, he doesn't feel safe there any more and will more or less definitely quit his job. He's worked there for 21 years.

Post 8326

Shorty† (ACE, Keeper, Muse, MuG, Thingite)

Wow... That's the pits. smiley - sadface

Post 8327

Researcher 168814

And you are not reluctant to tell us all in a public forum? I think I´d not go about shouting such things, not even on h2g2, which realy is a GOOD comunity. I´d mail some of the folks around here, no question, but putting it in a forum I find rather daring...

Am I too securetyminded??? Must be the german in me...

Post 8328

Einauni Muznobotti

Well, why should I be reluctant? Nobody on h2g2 can hurt us! I have lots of friends here and I have always been totally open about personal matters. I wish to tell people because I wish that people should understand that we are all vulnerable and we need peace in the world.

Post 8329

Einauni Muznobotti

And most of my h2g2 friends happen to be 'Thingites', and we have already been talking about lots of personal matters over here.

Post 8330

Einauni Muznobotti

And most of my h2g2 friends happen to be 'Thingites', and we have already been talking about lots of personal matters over here.

Post 8331

Researcher 168814

I´ve only been going through this thread for a relatively short time. I know that a lot of people around here are pretty open about their personal life and all. It´s just very astounding to read something like this, if you haven´t met someone or read someones post for a longer time. So maybe it´s just surprise on my side...

Post 8332

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

If you seek support in your friends and your friends are here and you are comfortable with that what should it matter that it's a public forum?
Well smiley - hugs all round. Sorry to hear about your families ordeal and I hope you find the strength to carry on and leave this dark event where it belongs: behind you.

Thinking of coming to sunny Britain? (spot the deliberate mistake in that last sentence smiley - tongueout)

Clive.

Post 8333

Einauni Muznobotti

I'd like to visit Britain, but not live there! If we move, we'd prefer Australia or New Zealand.

I still hope we can work out a way for my folks to stay here ... it seems pretty much beyond hope that it will ever be much fun for them at the university though. My father says that maybe he might start writing articles for magazines and newspapers and so on. He and my mom would have to scale back their lifestyles a lot.

Anybody who wants to read a more complete version of the story can visit any of my two userpages, where I've written it down as a journal entry. The rest can carry on with this forum as before!

Thanks for the support, all.

Post 8334

Einauni Muznobotti

By the way ... I would think an Ostrich more properly would belong over here in South Africa!

Post 8335

parrferris

smiley - huh'personal life'...?
What's that, then?

Post 8336

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

smiley - hugs Willie smiley - smiley

Post 8337

Busterbone

It seems everywhere you turn someone is killing or threatening to kill sombody else.

Good Luck Einauni

Post 8338

The Gook, a.k.a. Sir Loin of Beef, the Master-at-Arms: Thingite Armoury, and his wolf Yoink.

Best of luck Einauni! ::: waves :::
::: finishes up his bowl of cereal for breakfast :::

Post 8339

Uncle Heavy [sic]

why not go and live in france. france is a nice place.

[spot the lie]

Post 8340

Uncle Heavy [sic]

why not go and live in france. france is a nice place.

[spot the lie]

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more