A Conversation for Musicians Guild Membership Page

Join Here

Post 321

LadyB - Muse of STATUS QUO and Road Crews, Keeper of All Things RHINO Related

Oh, dont start that! Yes it is - I wouldn't be seen dead on a Mickey Mouse course... its a full design degree [but with a leaning towards use of space and interior rather than say, electrical or production engineering].
LadyB

Join Here

Post 322

Ardeninian

I play double bass and piano, both to grade 7 standard. I sing bass-baritone in my local choir. I love all kinds of music, except everything that I don't like. I'd say more but my internet connection's about to explode, so I'll just have to hope that y.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...........

Join Here

Post 323

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi, Ardennian smiley - smiley

It's funny, but I not a big fan of music that I don't like either smiley - winkeye

Anyway, welcome to the Guild. There's a membership badge at A434648 for you to put on your personal space to let the world know you're a member.

Enjoy! smiley - smiley

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 324

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Ooooh, sorry smiley - blush

Spelt your name completely wrong there smiley - doh Hopefully I've got it right on the membership page...

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 325

Biggles Rocks as do Austin, Raymond E Feist and Tom Clancy.

I'm silveralien. I play descant and treble recorder and have done for twelve years. I'm also grade five oboe though I'm not so good at that.

I like pretty much all music from baroque to romance to heavy metal and new age. I can't think of any particular composers but Debussy is probably my favorite romance composer.

Join Here

Post 326

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi Silveralien smiley - smiley

Welcome aboard! If you want to decorate your personal space, there's a Guild badge at A434648. I'll also add your name to the membership list.

Have fun!

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 327

SpookyFM

Hello!
I'm a German pianist and bass player, and although I've been taking piano lessons for over a decade and bass lessons for only about two years I think I'm more useful on the latter, hehe. And yes, I sing, too, in two choirs, I'm a baritone but I also enjoy very much singing solo in pop/rock-style pieces.
My favourite bands at the moment are the Dave Matthews Band and the Smashing Pumpkins (what a contrast!). My favourite bass player is Victor Wooten, he's incredible! I also like his band, Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. But I also appreciate what is called "classical" music, more specifically the romantic and impressionist eras.
I hope to find other, more experienced bass players here who can give me some hints on how to improve my play and develop my own style. But more generally I just think musicians are a happy bunch of people whom it's fun to be with.

Join Here

Post 328

the Shee

Yeah! The Flecktones! (I didn't mention them smiley - smiley...) Um--SpookyFM, you might want to check out Strider, whose U-number I'll look up in just a bit--he wrote an entry on fretless bass guitars just to get a bass blob for the guide! smiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 329

the Shee

U187148, I believe... smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 330

Engels42 (Thingite Minister of Leaky Ethics and Spiffyness)

oh wow, this place is active, I'll be quick aboutit though, I have to get to class smiley - biggrin

I"m an American physics major. I enjoy all sorts of classical music as well as quite a bit of everything else. (except nu-metal <full&gtsmiley - winkeye

I played clarinet for about eight years and touch on it now and again, mostly now i"m working with guitar and bass. I'm designing FX circuits for them both smiley - biggrin, hopefully some of them turn out ok...

Join Here

Post 331

the Shee

Yeah! Clarinet!! smiley - biggrin

(Whenever will Danny B get here? smiley - winkeye)

Join Here

Post 332

h2g2 Musicians Guild

smiley - run

All right, all right, I'm here smiley - puff

Hello, SpookyFM and Engels42 smiley - smiley

(and hello Shee smiley - tongueout)

The Musicians' Guild is most definitely active (although in the slow process of being updated and tidied up), so please add the Guild badge (A434648) to your personal spaces.

SpookyFM - I'm sure there are a few other bass players on H2G2 - Bassman (U47285), for example smiley - cool, and Engels42 of course smiley - smiley

Share and enjoy smiley - ok

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 333

Pan, the piper at the gates of dawn

Hey. I'm a trumpet player/keyboardist/amateur composer. The h2g2 site has expanded quite a bit from when I first signed up (May 99), but lost my previous info. I just drifted back in on a whim recently. I listen to all sorts of things (you can always learn something from any genre), my favorites being Miles Davis, early Genesis, Autechre, etc.

I'm willing to help out in any way I possibly can.

Thanks.

Join Here

Post 334

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi Pan smiley - smiley

Welcome to the Guild - let the world know you're a MuG by putting the badge (A434648) on your personal space smiley - ok

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 335

Clearly

Hello

Instruments I play are concert flute, piccolo, and bamboo flute. Instruments I play badly are piano, guitar, and drums. I want to learn to play sax, and I sing when I think nobodies listening (mostly to my car radio).

I don't have one favorite composer, musical artist, band, or even musical genre.

I'm just here to chat with a bunch of people who share my interests.

Join Here

Post 336

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi Clearly smiley - smiley

Welcome aboard... there is a Guild badge at A434648 - wear it with pride!

Have fun smiley - ok

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 337

Kate M

OK peeps - please let me in!! I play bassoon (got my degree), sing lots and still play a bit of piano. have known to dabble on the contrabassoon, but hey - gimme the limelight any day!! Also a bit of an orchestration nut.

Tchaikovsky is always good - symph. 5 has spent many nights on my cd player. Mozart operas are fun too. Mahler 6 blew my mind - Britten chamber operas can get under your skin, as can some bits of Elgar. Pick Ravel everytime for pure genius in the orchestration department. Vivaldi, Wagner, so many to mention. The list grows every day. But for sheer drama and exilharation it has to be the Rite.

so poppets - do i pass?

K x

Join Here

Post 338

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello Kate smiley - smiley

Welcome to H2G2... and welcome to the Guild smiley - ok

So it's safe to say that you're a classical music fan then..? I prefer something with a few more electric guitars in, myself, but I'll give you your membership badge anyway smiley - smiley - you'll find it at A434648, together with instructions on how to give it pride of place on your personal space.

And since when did basson players get any limelight..? smiley - winkeye

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 339

The Butcher

Have a read and let me know if I'm "in":

smiley - smiley

I play clarinet, saxophone, banjo, flute, and a wee bit of harmonica and tin-whistle (in that order of skill). I've played in orchestras, but for the past 5-6 years I've done mostly small group stuff. Jazz, and a little rock and funk. I've played at lots of weddings. I've even taught a little bit (clarinet and sax).

My current project is acheiving some degree of proficiency on banjo, and using that to try and write a small collection of songs specifically aimed at kids going through cancer treatment (any ideas anybody has are very welcome).

My favorites are varied, but I'll say John Coltrane (sax), Dexter Gordon (sax), Louis Armstrong, John Hartford (banjo/fiddle/vocals), Dvorak (classical/romantic), Tom Waits (blues/folks/modern), and Stevie Wonder would be significant musical influences.

I'm always interested to hear what other folks are listening to, and I'd like advice on songwriting and singing (something else I'm trying to improve at). I'm also happy to help out in any way I can!

Am I approved?

smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 340

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Sorry, Butcher, I seem to have been neglecting you smiley - erm

Of course you're in smiley - smiley The Guild's badge is at A434648 and, as you're a Jazz fan, you might also want to visit the Jazz Cellar at A729579

Enjoy smiley - ok

Danny B.

Key: Complain about this post