A Conversation for CHOPPERS: The H2G2 Guild Of Superheros

WANTED: NEW HEROS. Must have licence. SuperPowers optional.

Post 1

Uncle Heavy [sic]

So. You want to join? Well then. Leave your name, number and qualifications after the row of fish.

smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish

Post 2

soeasilyamused, or sea

*rolls eyes at uncle heavy and looks around forum*
pretty poor turnout for your little CHOPPERS group, isn't it? too bad...
*laughs maniacally and disappears*

Post 3

Gavroche

So long as there shall exist, by reason of law and custom, a social condemnation which, in the midst of civilization, artificially creates a hell on earth, and complicates with human fatality a destiny that is divine; so long as the three problems of the century -- the degradation of man by the exploitation of his labor, the ruin of women by starvation, and the atrophy of childhood by physical and spiritual night--are not solved; so long as, in certain regions, social asphyxia shall be possible; in other words, and from a still broader point of view, so long as ignorance and misery remain on earth, there should be a need for people such as us. (Victor Hugo, intro to Les Miserables, except he ended it with "books such as this".)

In short: We have a duty to fight evil and corruption wherever we see it. I want to help join in that fight. Lead me to the Barricade.

My Powers:
The ability to use long sentences, obscure words, and quotations from novels to confound, bore, and drive insane.

The ability to correct other people's spelling and grammar mistakes.

The ability to scratch and bite.

I'm also small so I can fit into places others might not be able to get into.

Can I join?

Post 4

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Hop along to this forum: http://www.h2g2.com/F12708?thread=35029 But yeah, you can join. Do you know the rules?

I CAN BE A HERO, I KNOW IT!!!

Post 5

Giguschild/Death Avocado. Motto:*Fac ut gaudeam*

Dear All, Dear Sundry,

I have heard, through the net of Amazingness of which I am a part, that you are short of forces to battle the evil minions of CHOPPERS. Having defeated all the major minions (hmm...) in my particular region of Metro-Mega city, I feel that I can probably dein to offer you my services, and thus aid you in the battle that determines the moral mingle of H2G2.
For those among you who, owing to some form of enforced deafness/blindness/excommunication, have not heard of me, here is a brief summary of my not inconsiderable powers...

1) From my Grocery Bag of Good, I can pull an assortment of bombs, each taking on the appearence of a different vegetables or plants according to their power. The functions of these "Boom Fruits" is, at present, classified.

2) The cloak of pure Freem that encases my buff physique, enables me to fly at the speed of a bullet, and create a wall of "Chronic Sonic decompressionism", the force of which is enough to dislodge even the fattest American from their habitual TV-watching seat. It also looks REALLY cool.

3)Withy my Super-Mangle-O-Gloves, I can exert a force greater than that of an industrial rubbish compressor, with a speed greater than that with which the planet itself spins.

4)I carry with me at all times, slung accross my shoulders, a pair of fully automatic mini-cannons, which I stole from the future when I battled the Considerable ArkMaster of Flon. They can be fitted with a variety of Ammo, which I keep in a side pocket of my Grocery Bag of Good, and fires it so fast the the spinning barrels have been known to TRAVEL BACK IN TIME.

5)I always carry a torch, and...

6)My Fish Manifesting powers are IMMENSE: just see for yourself...

smiley - fish

And another one...

smiley - fish

See. That took practically no effort at all on my part.

Post 6

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Well, go to http://www.h2g2.com/F12708?thread=35029&latest=1 and ask people

Post 7

Darth Noire

So, the "heros" have finally managed to create a homebase...

Destiny calls to me

Post 8

Ishhara

I wish to join the group they call Choppers. My name is Ishhara and I am a derivation of Ishtar, the Mesopotamian Goddess of love, procreation, fertility and war (neat job title huh?).

I am a mighty warrior - my people have called me 'Lady of Battles, valiant among goddesses' and I have fought in many wars, being "covered with combat and arrayed in terror". My charriot is drawn by seven Lions and I am a skillful archer.

I have a shocking temper - I told my father Anu to create the clelestial bull or the "dead will become more numerous then the living." In spite of the violence of my reputation, I am not a stranger to kindness for much of my acts were done for the love of one or more of my lovers. I journeyed into the underworld to rescue my lover
Tammuz.

I was one of the most popular goddesses of the ancient civilisations and considered to be sovereign of the world due to love's omnipotence.

Oh and I am pretty good shooting fish and winking
smiley - fishsmiley - winkeye

So mortals - can I join?

Destiny calls to me

Post 9

Gavroche

I vote yes...We need all the superheros we can get in our fight against the evil known as STUMPED. This "signup" forum I think has moved from here to Vestboy's page. So visit: http://www.h2g2.com/F12708?thread=35029&latest=1 and let others know there as well. You can enter your bio here: http://www.h2g2.com/F47032?thread=61604&latest=1

Destiny calls to me

Post 10

Ishhara

Why thank you! Can you tell me where they post the rules of this game of war?

Post 11

HE-MAN

well, you need help? i am the famous roman superhero he-man. i wear every day two different socks and drink just medium warm water. i am not scared of flies or even a 12 years old child. these are my qualifikations. i am sure you need my help.

yours, he-man (i forgot my number, it is something like 132239 or something)

Post 12

HE-MAN

well, you need help? i am the famous roman superhero he-man. i wear every day two different socks and drink just medium warm water. i am not scared of flies or even a 12 years old child. these are my qualifikations. i am sure you need my help.

yours, he-man (i forgot my number, it is something like 132239 or something)

okay, i think it is 138067

see ya

Post 13

Garius Lupus

I think he is double trouble! Good work, Uncle Heavy on the CHOPPERS page. I think this page shoud become the base of operations for CHOPPERS. I will post to the old forum and point everyone to a new forum here. You should add a link to the "rules of the game" on the page, for newcomers, and you can put a link there for the original forum, too - for historical interest. The new forum for heros conversation is at: http://www.h2g2.com/F47032?thread=63741&post=468811

Post 14

Garius Lupus

And yes, this is the correct forum for new heros signing up.

Post 15

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Good work Garius feller.

I will update sooner or later - never fear!

Post 16

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

Rojo Habe. Drawn to the light somewhat perversely by the incessant lure of the Dark Side.

Post 17

GreeboTCat

NAME: Greebo T. Cat
POWERS: God like.. yet cutely innocent in her ways

Me is a hero... definately super... and can devour a doughnut is .3 of a second...

Me join now me thinks... ~grin~

Post 18

Uncle Heavy [sic]

OK
Good to have you.
I thought Greebo was male.
Oh well.

Post 19

GreeboTCat

~Greebo becomes concerneed... sneaks behind a nearby bush for some quick checking... A few moment later she emerges with a big grin~

No me is definately female...

Post 20

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Well the Greebo belonging to Nanny Ogg is, quite literally, male.

Key: Complain about this post