A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 1001

Phil

Still hanging...

Kaisa, Yes I guess it is a bit like the new year concert in Vienna.
Does the conductor make disparaging remarks about the audiences timekeeping when clapping along though smiley - winkeye

Post 1002

Phil

Dang it Mike, you got there just before me smiley - tongueout

Post 1003

Mike A (snowblind)

Knew that'd antagonise some folk. Ok, who's up for moving threads? Shall I use these numerals or count the actual number of threads there's been (higher end of 25)?

Post 1004

Phil

I'll be 22 in hex (34 in real money).

Post 1005

Mike A (snowblind)

Watch it. You're cleverer than I am.

Post 1006

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

[L]

Post 1007

Phil

To work it out isn't too hard Mike. Hexadecimal (hex for short) is base 16. It tends to get used by computer types as it's shorter than writing binary numbers.
To do the conversion, reading the digits from the right, the first column is the 1's you get 1 to 15 by doing 1 to 9 the a to f. The second column is for the 16s, again 1 to f, but to convert you multiply whatever number by 16. to get the total add it all up. in this example we've got 1+(2*16) = 33 so the next is the 34th conversation in real money, not this fancy hex stuff.
If there was a third digit from the right it would have values of 16squared (16^2 in computer notation) which is 256.

Post 1008

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

*Engländer slunking of to the kitchen for another Schorle weiß/sauer, calling*

sat vos tsheeteeng, mein Herr AAAtkeen, das wiz se tausend pohsts, woznt iit?

Post 1009

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Huh! Now it's getting too technical for me.

Anyway, time for bed.

*flutter of wings - Kasia leaves*

Post 1010

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

*Engländer dressing up as the Cologne "Funkenmariechen" doing a carnevals-dance - legs up - sugesting:*

How about aming at 1111th post on November 11th at 11.11am (MEZ) and writing : Helau, Kölle Allav! THAT would be a good goal. It´s the start of the "Karneval" in Cologne, Mardi-Grass kind of thing, and VERY popular. Very political, too. And a lot of dialect spoken on telly. End of season is Aschermittwoch. That is six weeks until easter.

Post 1011

Phil

[P]

Post 1012

Afgncaap5

*Affy has been sitting on a couch, listening to his walkman, mumbling something about personal faults, and listening to the conversation. He's also tinkering on his watch again. He is very absorbed in this, until an explosion is heard downstairs*

Bye, folks. Gotta run!

*Runs down the stairs, hoping it's not the anti-matter cannon*

Post 1013

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

cliff-hanger! On to the next thread, at http://www.h2g2.com/F38024?thread=75557&post=581393

Key: Complain about this post