A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 901

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


No, nobody called me a crackpot to my face, and actually, Osterman (the Conservator for the museum at Eastman House in Rochester) would be the first to call himself a crackpot, because he and his wife like to dress up in "period clothes" and go to reenactment festivals with his travelling ferrotype equipment.

No, my brand of crackpottery is "Lincolnitis", staring so long at a picture as to see things that are not there. The exception in my case is that the stuff I had raised to the surface is there. It's simply that nobody wants to 'go there' with me. I'm saying, OK what is it then, and they say, well it's not possible for it to be anything in the picture. And round we go and swing your partner.

I actually had to go meditate for a couple of hours, after I chatted with QMike a bit. And now I'm back, but still a bit too hyper to get back down to the picture.

*snags something of everything (practically) from the Mexican food cart*

Oh, and it's not Mexico I'm going to, it's the state of New Mexico. No passport needed, at least not presently.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 902

Titania (gone for lunch)

*gets a Burro, smells it* Mmmmmmm! smiley - bigeyes Thanks Irv!

Lil, would you like a refill of that Y?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 903

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh, yes please. After this morning, I'm taking the rest of the day off.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 904

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, believe me when I say it's sure nice to see you around again! *hug*

...and so say all of us...smiley - smiley

*pours Lil another Y of champagne*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 905

Mike A (snowblind)

Looks like I just missed you by 10 minutes! Damn this homework!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 906

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*hugs nephew*
No, I'm here.
Get used to the homework. smiley - tongueout


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 907

Mike A (snowblind)

Blueargh. It's the coursework I'm looking forward to.
We get to take a geography trip to Dartmoor two days before my birthday smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 908

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Dartmoor. My favourite mental health institution.

Matina, a large plate of Mexican and a magnum of NZ sparkling wine please.

Slurp. Glug.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 909

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

What, geography in Dartmoor? Are you sure they aren't planning to abandon you on the heath?

Where's Styx?

Matina, more champagne for me, coke for QMike.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 910

Titania (gone for lunch)

*hands Matina the self-refillable champagne bottle to make her able to serve the other guests*

Got to go, good night all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 911

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I think my geography may be at fault. After thinking about it I believe the location of choice for crackpots is Broadmoor.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 912

Mike A (snowblind)

There is actually a prison on Dartmoor. An open-air one? Should be smiley - winkeye

*drains coke*
*sneaks a voddi*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 913

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I have a reference from the manager at Bedlam dated 1870, recommending my great-grandmother as an excellent nurse. Isn't broadmoor a high-security bin?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 914

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I believe so. Recent patients include Ian Brady of the infamous Moor murders (with Myra what's her name), Reggie Kray who was one of the Kray gang mobsters. Sinclair who murderd 13 women in the 80s.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 915

Phil

Broadmoor (and a couple of others) are as you say Lil high security bins where they keep the real loopys who aren't allowed out.
Dartmoor is a high security prison built in victorian times to house another bunch of societies undesirables. Part of the high security aspect of dartmoor is that it is fight in the middle of Dartmoor itself with only a small town nearby.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 916

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Myra Hindley. I thought she got parole after Malcolm Muggeridge converted her to Christianity.

What about the Yorkshire Ripper, what was his name?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 917

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Dartmoor was of course immortalised by the Goons. smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 918

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

"Never mind, I'll smoke one of my own." *falls about laughing* Mexican food, anybody?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 919

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A couple of years ago the British Home Secretary released a list of people whose crimes were so bad they would never be released. Hindley's name was on the list. Sinclair was the Yorkshire Ripper.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 920

Phil

I don't think Myra is going to see the outside again. Or at least I hope not after what she and Brady did. Every so often someone comes along and says she should be let out, the last time this happend Brady made some comments about how he thinks she shouldn't be let out. He was in the news sometime in the last year. He went on hunger strike and the authorities went to court to get him force fed.
Nasty bunch of people, still just to show that mob rules still work a paediatrician was hounded out of her home by an angry mob wanting to keep paedophiles away from their children smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post