A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You've arrived at Lil's Atelier! Substantive conversation in a surreal setting -- well, not ~that~ surreal. Not any more surreal than most other parts of h2g2.

You are welcome to join us. My page explains just about everything you need to know about this place, but we will gladly answer any questions you may have, reasonable questions, you know...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Phil

[P]
*Still on the lookout for a Latimeria chalumnae which might be seen*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

[t]
*still wondering who this Latimeria is, that Phil's looking for*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*in kitchen, drinking OJ and unloading dishwasher, wondering the same thing*

*Mindspring comes into the kitchen and meeps for food*
Yes dear.
*puts down greens and sprinkles some donut crumbs over the top*

Wonder where Garius and Affi are?
I need to do some work, so I'll be in the studio.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

Researcher 99947

here


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Witty Moniker

[WM]

*wonders... what happened to Coely?*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*meanders sleepily out of the guest room area*

Mhmmm...very restful.

l'd have been up earlier, but wound up in a terribly engrossing room -- one l'd not stayed in before. The Dhyana-Mudra room -- you know, the one out by the veranda, with the lovely airy open main chamber with a mandala set on the floor in tile. lt just invites one to walk it, labyrinth-like, and think.

Between that, and crashing in the richly decorated little antechamber, all filled with soft cushions and dimly lit...and a long, long shower to rinse off all the honey...l've been quite occupied...

Methinks l need some tea...
*goes to kitchen and makes herself some chai -- she's oddly in the mood for it..*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

New thread, huh? I see.......


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in from Aroma Café, where she finally found someone who knows how to make a café mélange - IIEM*

Hi all!smiley - smiley

Valis, despite your name, Lil did NOT intend to loose you by creating this new thread. It is meant to make it easier for those of us who prefer Alabaster...smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hi Valis! Have you come offline since you registered? smiley - bigeyes

Right, we periodically refresh the conversation. In the bad old days the threads were structured differently and the entire thread would download and redownload every time you posted. Some threads always made Netscape crash when they got too long. The old ways still affect our present customs.

*Makes careful note of Odra's room*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

*steps out onto veranda*
Beautiful day, Huh? Join me for a mimosa?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*sips chai*

Sigh...RL calls, l fear. Spending hour after hour online, while diverting, does little for one's social life, and l've several vengeful equines who will not be happy if l don't show this afternoon to feed them apples...

Shall be back later, though. Titania, l'm going to post a reply on the flamenco thing just in the thread you started yourself, okay? Again, sorry for the delay, but with the craziness of recent days, backlog's been killing me...smiley - bigeyes

Really quickly, though: yes, l am going to try and start some sort of music/dance area, though the location isn't really set. Dolores will play hostess, l believe, and l'd like to have a wide variety of performers, both in dance and in music.
ls there any chance of starting some sort of Flamenco Lesson, for other researchers to attend and pick up the art? l'm also thinking of doing swing lessons, or ballroom, or perhaps slam-dance (Dolores and l could handle that class!)

*rinses out saucepan, pours chai into a lidded cup, promising silently to bring it back this evening*

l must remember to talk to Lil about something...*mysterious and evil grin*

*leaves note for Lil on kitchen counter*

Lil...l've a proposition for you. Check your hotmail account, or else l'll just ask you later. Don't know what your opinion might be but it's an opportunity l'd hate to miss...


*and heads for door*
Til later, all!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Titania (gone for lunch)

Flamenco lessons? Wow! And RL people say I have a lively imagination...smiley - tongueout

Well, I guess here at h2g2 nothing's impossible!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Phil

Considering if it would be a good idea to look silly trying to paddle a C2?
Probably not but what the hell! Next week at the canoe club it could be interesting if I do try this out...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Babel17

{[B17]} for now, back soon smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

"Hair? I wish," types the man frantically trying to finish subbing a batch of guide entries.

The PTB obviously care about the backlog.



Hi Grahame,

I've just been going over the records for the past few weeks and discovered that you've had your batch longer than 6 weeks. I was wondering whether you needed some help with it.

Let me know.
Best,
Anna smiley - smiley
--
Anna McGovern
Deputy Editor, h2g2




21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

({Kasia}) back later

*returns and puts a note for Lil*


Thank you for the suggestion, Lil. I definitely would like to have a floor plan for the pub and also for my cottage, if you don't mind.
Will try to come back later. Have a nice day/ev.



21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in from studio looking tired* Yesterday was just too frantic. I will not stick around tonight -- one needs one sleep.

Will anybody be giving tango lessons? Mindspring wants to learn.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Babel17

Sounds fun, I fancy Tango lessons myself.
Don't forget to 'click-snick' when you go through smiley - smiley
Quiet here tonight. So I might use one of the rooms if you don't mind.
Have they all been named yet?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

Tango! Yippeeee......Do you have a band?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more