A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 61

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi Lil!smiley - smiley
Bye Lil!smiley - smiley

*heading for fridge and another Y of champagne*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 62

Titania (gone for lunch)

It's getting late, have to go...

...but if someone would like to proof read my article on Flamenco Dance (finally finished it!) I'd be most grateful, the Think Tank has been a bit quite lately... see
http://www.h2g2.com/A406676

G'night all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 63

Babel17

{[B17]}, but is around for the next 8 hours if anyone else is smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 64

Researcher 99947

I am around... did you get my Email? I kind of sent it off in a hurry


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 65

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

The man sitting on the couch on the veranda having a glass of Y muses. "I wonder if females think the word Email is sexist?"


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 66

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

E-Female reminds me of something elf-like.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 67

Babel17

Sorry sporky, I missed you. Yes I got your mail, thanks. Will respond over the next couple of days. No time atm. At w***, so email access a problem again smiley - sadface
if somebody thinks email isn't PC , what about plain old post or 'mail'?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 68

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*sits on the floor of the kitchen, studying Diogenes. Quite complacently, he meanders over to her and nuzzles idly, externally out of cuteness but obviously looking for a snack*

So how did you get back here, eh? Lil said you were in the park.

*cat walks back to the fridge, turns, and looks at her expectantly*
No snack. First l want to know how you got here.

*cat huffs a bit, and stares at the fridge door. Odra sighs, resigned to not being able to discover the truth, and opens it, whereupon the cat crawls back into the crisper*
What on earth are you doing in there? Get out. l'll give you some strawberries -- needn't help yourself.

*Odra leans down to remove the naughty Dio -- and finds him lost to sight*

D...Diogenes?
*peers in, a bit panicked*

Hello?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 69

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes out of studio dressed in a dark green sari of light cotton, with one wrist bangle, barefoot*

It's Saturday night. *goes to kitchen* Hey Odra! Could you get some spinach leaves out for Mindspring while you're in there? And I'll have an OC Beer. I thought I'd order in some pizza. Do you like Papa John's, or have you a little local place that you swear by? I haven't seen DD in days or I'd order from him.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 70

Babel17

*peers into fridge behind Odra*
He gone again?
I wonder how he survives the cold. I wonder if he can tell us if the light stays on when you close the door. I wonder if he can see the bottle of Y refilling itself?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 71

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*is still staring fixedly into the crisper*

l can't find my cat.

*absently*
Oh, Lil. Hi.

*reshuffles thoughts as she pulls out some spinach and two bottles of beer*

Hmm. Pizza.
Well, round here, actually, Papa John's -is- the little local place that everyone swears by...but there's a place called Carrini's if you're quite in the mood for something different. They lace the sauce with cumin. lt's an interesting flavour...

*puts out Springie's spinach, passes Lil a beer, and continues staring into the crisper*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 72

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Oh! Dio's found the rift. It's built in. This is a Whirlpool IC (Infinite Capacity) refrigerator. Don't you remember how it turned into a walk-in during the Bon Voyage party?

That reminds me -- I got a snailmail letter from Quorthon today!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 73

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

l wonder...

Do you think he's okay? Should l get him a little parka or something? lt can't be good for a cat, living in a fridge...

*pauses*

Didn't that used to be a Weird Al Yankovic song?

"lt's livin' in the fridge!"

*continues peering*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 74

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Ohh...the rift...

Huh.

l have a cat that can teleport using a refrigerator.

*shrugs, sits, opens her beer*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 75

Witty Moniker

Greetings, all.

Odra, please pass the champagne while you're at the fridge.

*reads back a few posts, looks concerned*

Lil, tell me more about the rift. I've got a CLI Infinite Capacity Refrigerator over at my store.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 76

Babel17

Hi witty, sorry Lil, didn't see you come through there, too engrosed in the rift.
*passes Y to WM and sits with one himself*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 77

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*sipping reflectively*

What was this about a letter from QMike?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 78

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Well, I don't know the details of how it works -- too much techie detail is bad for my rightbrain -- but it didn't work right when we were preparing for the party. I think it was the Colonel found himself with nowhere to put more beer. So Affi came up and made an adjustment or two. After that, you never knew when you opened the door whether it would be the usual set of shelves, or a walk-in. It adjusts automatically. Ecologically sound, never takes up more space or uses more energy than it has to.

Never needs defrosting either.

*hears knocking at bottom of stairs* That will be the pizza. Be right back. *heads downstairs*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 79

Witty Moniker

I never thought about ~how~ it provides infinite capacity.

I'll have to be sure to listen for meows, just in case Digi decides to make a visit over my way.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 80

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Diogenes has had a bit of experience with rifts before, though. Remember, back at the cafe, with Bahb's little rift incident? He and l rather got lost...but he navigated his way out just fine.

l wonder where he's got to this evening?

You know...it might not be a bad idea if l made him a radio like Styx's. That way l could put a tracker on it, and at least keep tabs on him.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more