A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 981

Mike A (snowblind)

I have a "thing" for small furry creatures smiley - winkeye

Axe Attack contains the likes of: Rainbow, Whitesnake, AC/DC, Motorhead (sans umlaut), Iron Maiden, Girlschool, Scorpians, Gillan, Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath and four more.
The Maiden song was a strange version of the fantabulous Running Free...no backing vocals, strange effects on drums, guitar and bass...gets quieter then louder...bluergh!
Still, comparing the -original- studio version (ie, that on the album) to even the mighty Paranoid, gives one much pleasure. Up the Irons!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 982

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

My vote for 1980 would go to The Zoo by The Scorpions. And it lives on -- it's a very useful backing track to multimedia presentations.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 983

Phil

I read an article the other day in Classic Rock magazine about David Coverdale. He's back with a haircut! (and a new album on the way smiley - winkeye)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 984

Mike A (snowblind)

Scorpions are also on the album! Alone with Judas Priest.....who are the two others? Agh!

Saw David in Classic Rock. I bought a two-month old copy of that in Aus....waste of $10. Not my sort of music, and talk of a Maiden gig that I'd been to the month before!
Though last month's was ok. Great Ozzy Osbourne interview. Then after that....it was "pick up and flik open at random page" reading. Good Q&A with Ritchie Blackmore though.

As for David...he had a great voice on Whitesnake's 1981 album Come An' Get It (great album too) - that's all I know *^_^*. Downloaded a clip of Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson (for those who don't know) taking the piss out of him and Here I Go Again. Aw, it was fine...wit, it was. Wit.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 985

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

G'evening folks,

Matina an Irish Coffee for me, if you don't mind.

Lil, this sounds very interesting - about New Mexico, I mean. I never realised, that Roswell is in this state... I always thought, it was Arizona. Well, this shows how less I know about the States... So any good storys about are most welcome.

As for the sign, Lil: thank Amy's help it's already placed - and methinks we'll leave it just transparent!. As I'm a Goo Fan and my spaces are all in Goo, it just looks wonderful on the blue background.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 986

Chris Tonks

*decides to join in the conversation some way or another, after finishing his marvellous chilli...*

Hello! smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 987

Phil

Mike, tonight is not a rock night, I'm listening and watching the last night of the proms on the BBC.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 988

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

*Engländer comes in looking for a "Schorle weiß/sauer" Finds that whitewine with carbonized water in his hands*

I always thought I ought to see the proms one day, being brought up british. But I do not want to go now. Have I got to have a bad concience, never entering the albert hall and singing national tunes?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 989

Phil

Never actually been to any of the proms myself, let alone the last night (tickets are restricted to the seasons regulars).
It does look like a silly night out though. Dressing up in a suit and then waving flags and singing along.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 990

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

What is this exactly, Phil? About actors and politicians or what?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 991

Phil

The last night of the proms (at least the finale) is the last of a season of concerts given by the BBC and a variety of orchestras from all over the world. The finale section is always the same, Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March no1, Wood's Fantasia on Britsh Sea Songs, Rule Brittania, Jerusalem, God Save the Queen and associated encores.
The season is a serious classical music event in britain and most of the concerts are performed at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
The last night is a chance for the conductor, orchestra, choirs and audience to have a bit of fun.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 992

Chris Tonks

*finds a place to join the conversation...*

i personally take it to be one of our, ahem, 'great' British traditions...
It's just a big (OK, I ought to strees the term 'big') concert really...with 'Rule Britania' sung by everyone at the end...smiley - winkeye

It's also an attempt by BBC to keep up public interest...smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 993

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

I see, so it's simmilar to the New-Year-concert in Vienna, no?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 994

Mike A (snowblind)

Well, instead of the -fascinating- smiley - winkeye orchestra, I watched a TV prog. about the year 1977. Basically, it had the Sex Pistols on it. That's made my night!
Though who remembers Pot Noodles being invented in '77? Lorks, they made 'em sound so glamorous. If I ever eat one again I might try looking at them in this new light. Beef & tomatoe flavour equivilant to a Sunday roast...

Anyway: I once watched Rule Brittania on the TV, and it was very rousing, watching and listening everyone sing along. National pride thing, y'know.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 995

Mike A (snowblind)

Hang on here...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 996

Mike A (snowblind)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 997

Mike A (snowblind)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 998

Mike A (snowblind)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 999

Mike A (snowblind)

I'm listening to Civil Way by GnFnRs and I love it!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 1000

Mike A (snowblind)

1000 posts!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more