A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

with the text 'handle with care' in big friendly letters all over it

Post 81

Mystic Martin

I am not a historian, I am so old I AM history.

and saw Igor ascending the stairs from the basement

Post 82

Garius Lupus

[smiley - fullmoon]

holding a bunch of flowers

Post 83

Coniraya

I am on my own on a friday night! All the menfolk are out at various 'do's and I'm not drinking any alcohol smiley - yikes. I thought I might sleep better in this heat with out it.

Not much longer now before I pick up the car.

and a big handle covered in leather

Post 84

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Martin, welcome!

I just wrote a letter to the editor, I was so incensed. Rich Lowry, an editor for the conservative National Review, pulled out the old diatribe about how day care is bad for kids, and moms should stay home, blah blah blah (sorry, I couldn't find it online!). Where are the fathers in this? Why is it that the US lags behind every other industrialized nation in family-friendly leave policies?

OOOH. It makes me just boil. I am a much better mother now than when I tried the stay-at-home thing, and my daughter not only has fewer colds than the kids who never go to daycare (having already been exposed to germs), but she's much more socially well-adjusted than they are, too.

plucked from a neighbor's garden

Post 85

Hypatia

[smiley - rainbow 42]

I noticed his hand was

Post 86

BryceColluphid

{BC}

I noticed his hand was

Post 87

dw2 - it's short for 1/2(dw)^2

Life, work, this conversation, everything moving way to fast. If you can't keep up with the race, step to the sidelines for a bit.

smiley - lurk

covered in a strange looking tattoo

Post 88

Phil

[p]

..showing a dragon shopping at Wal-Mart.

Post 89

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL]

..showing a dragon shopping at Wal-Mart.

Post 90

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Probably bad form, but I wanted to add my bit to the story without simul-heading with someone else.

I have been to the courthouse and talked to the officers. The'records' this gentleman was talking about are in fact the minutes of the Historic Preservation Board for the last 3 years. Nothing personal. And as regards liability, it does exist, but we have an insurance policy that covers it.

The officers (not police officers, court officers) agreed, however, that this was a clear attempt at intimidation by the Board on which the gentleman -- call him Mr. Strange -- sits, against the board on which ~I~ sit. The county attorney has been mightily pissed off for a while now with Mr. Strange's Board, which I have mentioned here before as being a repository for libertarians and paranoids of the New-World-Order sort. So my report is all they need, now, to dissolve the board on which Mr. Strange sits.

That won't stop him from doing research on his own, of course, but at least it will be on his own personal nickel.

MR, that's very interesting what you say -- our calling that period the Dark Ages is really a piece of West European chauvinism, since it totally ignores the flourishing civilizations that were in North Africa, India, Japan and China during that time.

As regards 1066, I have no statement to make at this time.

and a heart with "I Love Mom"

Post 91

FG

oops!

Post 92

FG

I meant to leave my calling card!

[fg]

executed inexpertly in pink ink. He trod...

Post 93

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Goodnight smiley - smiley.

" he said as he noticed storm

Post 94

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]

clouds moving in rapidly from the west.

Post 95

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Lil, that's great. Mr. Strange will probably see it as a conspiracy, however.

accompanied by a crack of thunder..

Post 96

Coniraya

Anyone else in the UK been watching Restoration? I shall vote for Bracken Hill Tower.

and a piercing scream from the direction of ...

Post 97

Witty Moniker

Well done, Lil. Nipped that one right in the bud. That will teach Mr. Strange to mess with you. smiley - ok

and a piercing scream from the direction of ...

Post 98

Z

Well that was fun, it just ended far too soon smiley - cry A and Z's flatwarming went very well. Everyone got on far better than I expected them to do(apart from one strange person who didn't say anything, but then he never does). Our flat was very hot so we sat out on the flat roof of the shop underneath us that juts out. We scared the neigbours opposite who were on their flat roof by disccussing the entry on Tesciular cuffs amoungst other things.

But we have plenty of alcohol left. We'll have to do it again, - if any of you are passing Brum.

My angelfish are still fighting, somehow everyone sees this as being funny! well I suppose it is unless you have to watch them kill each other.

Tom and Becky's cave

Post 99

Hypatia

Good for you Lil. smiley - cheers People like that (and my smellfungus)often get away with outrageous behavior because they're so unpleasant and spiteful that no one wants to challenge them. But eventually, someone has to take a deep breath and call a spade a spade. I'm proud of you.

Tom and Becky's cave

Post 100

a girl called Ben

It *was* a good night, wasn't it. Partying in Brum from A-Z! I got home safely, and Z is right, it did end far too soon. Frightening the neighbours was fun too.

I am glad to know that the bloke who said nothing normally says nothing. I wondered whether he enjoyed himself, but trusted that he was. And it was a good mix.

G'night all.

B

Key: Complain about this post