A Conversation for H2G2 Space Centre

Something Interesting For The Weekend

Post 701

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

* Deja-vu sets in as Peet peels slowly off the wall with the sound of ripping Velcro(tm)...

Post 702

Afgncaap5

*Affy (in Montressor's body) walks up, and easily picks up the frozen Affy*

Link, this is one time when I'm not bothered by a quick solution. And this time, *NO ONE STOP ME*!

*Affy runs back to the Totemizer, but stops*

Okay, someone freeze Montressor's body so that when we both get out again, Montressor won't run rampant in his own body.

Post 703

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

[Unnoticed by Affy/Montressor, a small fly lands inside the Totemizer...]

Post 704

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

[Mew puts them in, unfreezes Affy, freezes Montressor, and turns them on.]

Click.
Whrrr.
[Entire universe in the Totemizer with them]
BLOINGINGINGINGING!
ZAAAAAAARRRRRKKKKKK!

[Inside the Totemizer are now Affy, at Montressor's normal size, a fly at Affy's normal size, and Montressor (frozen) at a fly's normal size. All are in the correct bodies (except for the size consideration)]

}Hm. An unfinished Totemizer is unpredictable.{

Post 705

Hmmm... This is a development I didn't foresee...

[Mew, d'ya think the giant fly would be interested in eating the custard over at the Saving the Galaxy Project forum?]

Post 706

Chrome101

A giant fly? Oh, that's original...

Post 707

[Fly, with the voice of "Droopy"]"Oh, My..."

* A few moments later the fly cackles and starts trying to stamp on a passing spider... The spider is suitably surprised...

Post 708

Dizzy H. Muffin

[YK] Well, now we can go to the Rodentar system --

[Navi appears right next to link]

[Navi] {Hey!}

[Link] Oh, good, you made it here from the Esirpretne forum.

[Navi] {Don't go to the Rodentar system! Go to the Gerdeus system*!}

[YC] May I ask why?

[Navi] {Yes you may.}

[YC] Ar ar ar.

[*Footnote: The fourth planet of the Gerdeus system is Hylia, Link's homeworld]

Post 709

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

}I think warp drive or even hyperspace would be too slow! We need an Infinite Improbability Drive!{

Post 710

Well, as resident warp engineer, I can categorically state our drive is pretty damn improbable already!

Post 711

Afgncaap5

*Affy (looking up at everyone, seeing that Montressor is about a head shorter than the average (and I use that term loosely) person), thinks for a moment*

No, we have to go through the Rodentar System. You see, the STUMPED villains have set up a gigantic battle scene in the Rodentar System involving us fighting the Raven, The POE, an army of mongol fighters, and a fleet of Rodentar ships (ha, ha, ha...). So, as you can see, we must (eventually) pass through the Rodentar System. Although we *could* pass through this other system on the way there or from.

Post 712

What? You mean that fly was originally just a head shorter than an average person, *AND WE DIDN'T NOTICE IT*...?

Post 713

Afgncaap5

No, I am looking up because Montressor is only a head shorter than the average person, and I am now the size Montressor used to be, as opposed to my average height.

Post 714

I suspect you misread post #704, the salient portion being "Affy, at Montressor's normal size, a fly at Affy's normal size, and Montressor (frozen) at a fly's normal size"...

Mission To Zork (3)-The Medical Bay

Post 715

whambamboo (Muse of Suddenly Thinking Of Tremendously Inspiring Haikus, Possibly About Lotus Flowers)

Are you okay Irving?
*Nurse scans him with a bio-scanner and taps it*

It says here Mr Irving Sir, youre technically dead!
*nurse gasps in amazement and stars to cry*

I dont want you to die Mr Irving!

*sobsob*

Post 716

whambamboo (Muse of Suddenly Thinking Of Tremendously Inspiring Haikus, Possibly About Lotus Flowers)

How the hell did my entry for Mission to Zork get into the Something Interesting for The Weekend conversation!!?? Im going mad I tell you, mad!

Post 717

Afgncaap5

The way I read that was saying that I was the size of Montressor, Montressor was the size of the fly, and that the fly was the size that I was (all of these sizes prior to the incorrect Totemization process). So I would stand about a head shorter than most of the people here, because Montressor use to stand about a head shorter. How did you read it?

Whambamboo, don't worry, this is still the Mission To Zork storyline. It's jsut taken a few odd turns for the strange. Are you refering to an earlier post?

Post 718

Ah, I see the ambiguity - I read "looking up at everyone, seeing that Montressor is about a head shorter than the average" as meaning that you looked up and saw Montressor to be now a head shorter than an average person... Forget the last several posts...

Post 719

[Oh, and, Whambamboo, what happened was that you replied to the post at the bottom of the first page of the thread, not at the end of the thread - it's a common problem... smiley - winkeye)

Post 720

Dizzy H. Muffin

[YK] Righto. Whatever. I have an Improbability Device right here that I'm going to use later and under different circumstances to save the day.

[YK drops the atomic vector plotter into the nice hot cup o' tea, feeds a big number into the Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain, turns it on, and looks on as an Infinite Improbability Generator appears out of thin air]

[YK] Well, Navi, can this situation wait until after a humongous space battle?

[Navi] {The odds are a thousand to one that you'll be able to /win/ the battle without going to Hylia!!}

[YK feeds this number into the Infinite Improbability Generator]

[Navi] {No! Wait! You'll need the Triforce --}

[YK] It ain't going to happen. Ganondorf Dragmire's got the Triforce of Power, last I heard, and he isn't going to lend it to us, so the Triforce isn't going to help us out.

[Navi] {--of Wisdom!}

[YK] Ah.

[Link] Affy? Where to? Do we go to my homeworld, or do we trust our fate to an Infinite Improbability Generator?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more