A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's The Most Embarassing Thing That's Ever Happened To You

Post 221

Lady in a tree

What I want to know is at what age do we develop embarrassment? When you're a kid absolutely anything goes - you can look at a strange person on a bus and say "Mummy that man has a big nose" or ask "whether daddy has a penis?" in the middle of the supermarket on a Saturday afternoon. How comes we lose that? And when? At what point do we start to "cover up" our bodies (I know some people haven't quite got round to that one yet).

As for my most embarrasing moment - I think it was when I wet myself whilst being tickled. I tried to get them (2 mates) to stop but they weren't listening and didn't stop so ....oooops! smiley - blush

Post 222

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

but none can think of anything to better the thing with the painted nipples.

there must be a finite amount of embarressment that a communitee can suffer.

FABT

Post 223

GreyDesk

Oh I don't know, I'm just biding my time. I don't want to totally dominate this thread smiley - smiley

Of course my postings do fail on one count, in as much as I don't find them embarrassing in the slightest. The only possible embarrassment is that all of mine seem to be about sex, and I'm wondering what that says about me smiley - erm

Post 224

a girl called Ben

Well, I am not particularly embarrased by any of the things I have posted here either, which is why I have chosen the most extreme examples I have to post. Which is, again, why most of them have involved sex or bodily functions one way or the other.

When I was about 28 I took a decision not to be embarrased by anything again, and with two exceptions since then I have not been embarrased.

And what managed it?

Nothing, really. I have some friends who were contemporaries of my sister at Uni. I was at school in the same town, aged about 14 or 15. Stephen reminded a dinner party of a commment I had made 20 years before about lifting heavy weights damaging your womb. Not a patch on painted nipples or wandering around Do-It-All saying I needed to find the dildos. The other example did involve sex, and is in the backlog - probably about two pages back from here.

Strange the things which make us blush, isn't it?

Ben

Post 225

You can call me TC

Talking of things changing with age, I think that with age, my level of embarrassment has sunk radically. I find so many things embarrassing nowadays, starting with people using wrong words or showing ignorance in some way. Obvious statements and people who feel they have to make them make me cringe. And people who laugh at things that aren't funny. Sometimes just to show off that they understand a foreign language, or, again to cover up for some embarrassment on their part.

Sorry - I thought I knew this thread, but I shall have to catch up on backlog if I want to join in any more. (That should be fun!)

Post 226

a girl called Ben

This is one of my favourite threads, as you can probably tell.

Enjoy.

Ben

Post 227

Orcus

OK, I was reminded last night about one which I still chuckle at occasionally. It was highly embarrassing at the time but I have to admit, it *is* funny.

Sitting at teabreak at work about three years ago a few of us were just generally chatting when someone stopped the conversation and said to me..."Dave [for 'tis my real name], you've got a pair of pants at your feet". Looking down I discovered to my horror that this was indeed the case! smiley - blush. Unbenknownst to me, a rogue pair of underpants of mine had decided to hide up my trouser leg - presumably secreting itself there during the wash. It chose the most inopportune moment do decide to fall out at my feet and condemn me to around two years of ribbing.

I just quickly grabbed them and sat on them for the rest of the tea break (a shroter time than normal, for me at least smiley - winkeye) and admit that 'It was a fair cop guv'nor'

smiley - laugh

Post 228

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

that's a brilliant one.

You were clearly a victim of the 'Underpant Gnomes@ as described in Perigrins Paranoia Post and stolen from South Park., the address of which I have forgotten.

smiley - laugh

FABT

Post 229

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

ROFL smiley - biggrin

Post 230

GreyDesk

Thinking about posting another tale. Anyone want to give me a little encouragement smiley - winkeye

Post 231

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

You tease ! Go on tell us, tell us smiley - ok

If you tell us I will trade you with Mrs Red Dogs latest one smiley - winkeye

Post 232

aliashell

so as not to be a lurker.

My most embarassing moment happened on my first day of school when I was four or five.

Sitting in class I felt as though I needed to go to the toilet. I didn't say anything to the teacher as she was busy and was waiting so I could catch her attention. Anyway, while I was waiting pretty much the whole class decided that they wanted to go to the toilet much to the teachers consternation. At this point she announces "No-one else is allowed to go to the toilet until break."

So, as per someone else early in this thread, I, erh, followed through.

This was in the morning. It stayed like this till home time............

ughhhh............

Oh, and mid-coitus with long term girlfriend shouting out "I love you Jackie" when her name was actually Sarah.........it was all down hill from there on.

smiley - smileyaj

Post 233

aliashell

oh, and am dying to here the next installment of Mrs Red Dog...........smiley - winkeye

Post 234

a girl called Ben

Ok, Greydesk, I am encouraging you (but you knew I would!) And more Mrs Red Dog, please!

Ben

Post 235

Mostly Harmless

I almost shot a balloon for tring to brake into my house.

Mostly

Post 236

This, although not the most embarrasing thing to ever happen to me, has to go here:

To my consternation a colleague at work told me yesterday that this list is doing the Internet E-mail rounds!!!! She had received a link to it a few days ago, unfortunately most people at work know my H2G2 Alias, as she did, and she managed to work out that I was me smiley - doh. Fortunately her favourite tale was not one of mine but was of some guy whose Penis was attacked by a cat mid-coitus! You know who you are.....

smiley - laugh!!!

Post 237

GreyDesk

I think that that would be me. Fame at last smiley - biggrin

Post 238

Indeed - all over the WWW!

Post 239

GreyDesk

smiley - wowI'm turning into an Urban Myth smiley - biggrinsmiley - blush

Any chance of forwarding the e-mails to me? [email protected]

Post 240

Xanatic

Hi mom! *waves*

Key: Complain about this post