A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Forecastle

Post 21

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I think that it be alright Lizzie.


Forecastle

Post 22

Witty Moniker

*Lizzie is concerned for Mr. Goodschad. She places her hand on his arm in an attempt to comfort him.*


Forecastle

Post 23

marvthegrate LtG KEA


Oh, thank you dearie. I was thinking there for a moment. Are you still well?


Forecastle

Post 24

soeasilyamused, or sea

*the cat passes through, casts a curious glance over lizzie and goodschad, and goes out onto the deck*


Forecastle

Post 25

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

*The Cook, intrigued by Lizzie's mention of a pendant, has come down to the Forecastle*

Miss Lizzie, Mr Goodschad. Are you both looking for this pendant? What form does it take, and may I help to look for it? I'm quite handy with a kitchen knife, and may be able to fashion you a replica, Miss Lizzie, so that you need not risk losing it again. But I will need to see the original for a while, and that is why I offer to help.


Forecastle

Post 26

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


*Martens falls into Foc'sle in a panic and canons into Mr Head. Remains of salt beef and ships biscuit are seen on the front of his pea jacket*

Mr Head, I`m, I`m, I`m ........ I`m so very sorry, I didn`t mean to, well I though that, it seemed, that is .....

*Calms down slowly*

I thought I heard something up on the deck. Have you seen anything unusual recently ?


Forecastle

Post 27

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

~Volkert walks in from the deck~



Goodschad, may I have a word with you in private? Perhaps in the rigging where we shant be heard?


Forecastle

Post 28

Witty Moniker

I'm fine, Mr. Goodschad. You seemed quite distracted for a moment. Did you feel it, too?

*She turns to the cook.*

It's Mother's pendant that I'm looking for, Mr. Head. She seems to have lost it and I offered to search for it. But I haven't had any luck, yet. So you see, you can't make a replica until we find the original.

How did you become interested in jewelry, sir?

*Notices Mr. Marten's startled demeanor.*

Something odd just happened here a few moments ago, sir. A coin just flew out of my hand all by itself! Really!


Forecastle

Post 29

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


Young Miss Lizzy, pray tell me more - your dear Father wants to know of any strange occurances and I am honour bound to tell him. I am right worried for ee' - did'st tha hear anything as well ?


Forecastle

Post 30

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

I believe you Lizzie


tell us, did you hear anything when this happened? Or did you feel anything?



Forecastle

Post 31

Witty Moniker

*Lizzie looks back and forth between Mr. Volkert and Mr. Martens as she explains.*

I don't hear or see anything unusual. But I feel a presence, maybe you could call it a soul or a spirit. It's been here all the time and I've just gotten used to it. It never bothered me before.

But I ~know~ it knocked that coin out of my hand. I wonder why?

Do any of you see or hear it?


Forecastle

Post 32

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

I heard it on deck just now, it scared Martens here out of his mind..... there must be a reason it knocked the coin out of your hand....may I see the coin little one?


Forecastle

Post 33

Witty Moniker

Sure, Mr. Volkert. I'll get it.

*Lizzie follows that path that the coin took, whick leads under another bunk. Once again, she slithers under and retrieves the coin.*


It's a little dusty under there. smiley - biggrin

*She hands the coin over and brushes off her dress.*

What did the spirit say, sir?


Forecastle

Post 34

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Aye Volkert, let us go to the rigging.


Forecastle

Post 35

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

The spirit did not speak, I need to borrow this coin for a minute, I'll return it in a few minutes.


Forecastle

Post 36

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

These are peculiar times we live in, and no mistake. But it's all superstition - the only spirits aboard this vessel are in the cargo hold. Men's minds get hold of strange fears this far out at sea. I've seen it happen before. Calm yourself Martens, and be rational.

Miss Lizzie, it is not all jewellery that interests me. But I have seen certain pieces so cunningly wrought that a man may study them for hours and still not see how they ate made. And I have heard of some that are believed to contain the soul of a whole nation. How this may be, I do not know, but I should wish to study such a piece and perhaps pass some of the long hours of this voyage making a replica. It would then be my gift to you and your mother, dear Miss Lizzie.


Forecastle

Post 37

Witty Moniker

Oh, this is real, Mr. Head. I know what I felt!

I don't know if Mother's piece is anything like the kind of magical items you describe. As far as I know, it is just a pretty necklace. I'll keep looking until I find it, though. I know she would like to get it back as it's been in the family for quite some time.

Do you have any of those pieces with you on this voyage? I would like to see them.


Forecastle

Post 38

soeasilyamused, or sea

*the cat comes in and spies lizzie. she rubs up against her leg, and looks at the cook curiously, as if surprised that he exists outside the galley smiley - winkeye*


Forecastle

Post 39

Witty Moniker

*Lizzie is so thrilled to have found the cat (or it found her), she scoops it up and heads out of the forecastle, heading for her family's cabin. She is in such a hurry, she does not wait for the cook's reply.*


Forecastle

Post 40

Afgncaap5

*Enters the forcastle*

Everyone, am I imagining things, or is our ship suddenly haunted? I keep hearing a voice. Can anyone explain it away, or is there a prankster in our midst?


Key: Complain about this post