h2g2 Post 17.03.05

0 Conversations


Posted: 17th March 2005


 

Farewell to a Gentle Man

It was with much sadness - and with a wry smile - that I heard of the death of Dave Allen last Friday; sadness because of the loss of such a wonderful comedian and racconteur and a wry smile because he left us on Red Nose Day. If you have no idea who he was then you really should read Dave Allen - Comedian

We reach Part Two of the four part series examining whether h2g2 fulfils the criteria recently laid out by the Government Green Paper. This week the theme is 'Content is no longer king: ways forward'

Time is running out! If you want to attend the h2g2 Summer Meet in London then you really need to drop by the Newly Created Unofficial London Summer Meet 2005 page and vote for the date you prefer. Hurry, though, as voting closes on 21st March!

We are giving those artists among you a chance to feature on our pages next week. The Post Easter 2005 Graphic Competition has been squeezed in to this issue in a bit of a rush but we really do hope that some of you may have time to enter!

smiley - goodluck  Happy St Patrick's Day to all our Irish friends  smiley - goodluck

ShazzPRME

 
 
FEATURES
 
 
 
 
FICTION
 
 

 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

 

 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3474524

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more