h2g2 London Summer Meet 2005 - Sat 16 July!

27 Conversations


Over the years, h2g2 researchers (people just like you!) have held a number of get-togethers - usually once a year during the summer and once around Christmas... and 2005 will be no exception! It's a great excuse to meet up with fellow h2g2 enthusiasts and have a drink or twelvety - and it'd be great if you could come along and join us!


To find out what the rampaging researchers have gotten up to before, have a look at A649299.


Who's going to this 'ere party then?


Head over to
Sign me up to the Unofficial London Summer Meet 2005!
To sign up, and to find out who is attending, go along to
A3739719. Or just turn up on the day itself - it'd be nice to know in advance who's coming, but feel free to just come along on the day itself if you wish - the more the merrier!


When's It Taking Place?


This year's summer meet will take place on Saturday 16th July 2005.


Where's the Meet-Up Happening?


After a unilateral decision at the last summer meet, the Pendrils Oak has been shifted aside as the venue for the h2g2 Winter and summer meets. The last meet-up in January was held at the Bell, Book and Candle pub for the first time, and this venue met with approval from all who attended. However, in typical fashion the pub has since vanished to be replaced with a small bistro, which in turn has now reverted back to the pub, but under its original name, Ye Olde London.

The evening event will start from around 6pm, although there's bound to be some early arrivals there from round about 4-ish. We'll almost certainly still be propping up the bar at closing time, so feel free to come along and join us anytime.

This year we shall be spending the evening in the Ye Olde London pub (formally the Bell Book and Candle), in Central London near St Paul's Cathedral. Nearest tubes are St Pauls and Blackfriars (which is practically on the other side of the road from the pub).


The address is:
Ye Olde London,
42 Ludgate Hill,
London,
EC4M 7DE

Check out the pub's (old) website by clicking here.

Afternoon Activity

There will also be an afternoon activity that older and younger researchers can attend alike.

At previous summer meets we have had a picnic in Hyde Park, and that is one suggestion again for this year's meet - anyone with alternative ideas can start a conversation below and hustle out a plan different if that is what is agreed on.

For those who would like to do something in the afternoon but do not want to attend the picnic (or whatever is finally decided for the main afternoon event), some researchers will be found propping up the
bar in the Ye Olde London (formerly the Bell Book and Candle) from around 4 PM. The pub serves food on Saturday till 5 PM, so get there early if you plan on lining your stomach before a solid night's boozing.

Is there anything else I need to know?

If you haven't attended a meet-up before or even if you have been to every single one, we have collected a few guidelines to make sure we all have a safe and happy time.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3739601

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more