A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 141

Santragenius V

Night, Ben - me too as I said just before and did sod all about smiley - ermsmiley - yawn


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 142

Z

smiley - sadface So A didn't get the funding to do a Masters degree in Birmingham.

This means I'm buying the house on my own, which is rather scary really. Not money wise the morgage would be based on my income! But actually meeting all the repayments is scarier than meeting half of them.

Mind you I could always get a lodger couldn't I? I'd have to clean more often, but it would make it a lot easier.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 143

FG

Ha. I got that television culture reference, Lentilla. And I have been known to stick a chocolate bar in the peanut butter when necessary. And when it gets necessary, stand back. I'm not to be reasoned with.

David, I've canned two types of homemade jams so far this summer: blueberry and huckleberry (three batches!). And I've canned one batch of rhubarb chutney. I'm currently looking for an easy recipe for rhubarb jam. All the ones I've found have candied ginger, raisins, figs or--blech smiley - yuk--strawberry Jello in them. All I want is rhubarb, sugar, pectin. Is that so hard? Apparently so. Later, when the persimmons are in season, I plan on attempting a persimmon jelly.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 144

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 145

Hati

I am depressed as ever. smiley - sadface What has happened to the world? How could anyone stab a holy man in a church? Brother Roger was such a kind man and all... smiley - cry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4158886.stm


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 146

Mol - on the new tablet

[Mol]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 147

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

How is it that I've never heard of such a man!?

I'll see what I can do about most of the cheese requests, but no downright smelly ones...it can overwhelm the rest (sorry about the chaume).

the ex-BF finally grew some and came to get his stuff after I emailed him 3 weeks ago and said "stop calling. if you want your stuff, come get it". But apparently, he was forced into it. He lives with a friend of mine in my friend's mother's house (the thing is enormous...6 bedrooms!). He told the mother he was going to take me to court to get his stuff back, and she told him either grow up or get out of her house. This woman has met me all of 4 times, mind you.

I love when jerks get their comeuppance.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 148

Eatsmice.

smiley - catsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin

Scotch! Macallan! Happiness ensues.

smiley - cat


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 149

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Me too! smiley - ok

Drove all the way to Ruidoso in the rain and got stood up. At my age!

At least there was an email when I got home, apologizing, and explaining. But I will still bill the state for my time.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 150

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTExhausted{KEA}]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 151

Courtesy38

{Courtesy}


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 152

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Ack! The last night with a roof over my head. Until Saturday, anyway. Tomorrow they start ripping the old thing off my house.

smiley - ermHappy birthday, Sporky? What, 3 days late now? And I'm on the map too, and can confirm that it absolutely does work on a Mac.
smiley - dog


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 153

Hypatia

d'E, I'm wishing you sunny weather.

Lil, I think they should have made an effort to contact you before you left. How rude. I'm glad you can charge them anyway.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 154

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

>> I want to know how the miracle of mayonnaise came about. Who thought that whipping eggs and oil together would be a good idea?

*ahem* A2043398

Yup. And I was thinking of that article when I wrote that sentence! Although I don't agree with your hypothesis smiley - winkeye it's certainly an amusing intellectual discussion.

> the ex-BF finally grew some and came to get his stuff....He told the mother he was going to take me to court to get his stuff back, and she told him either grow up or get out of her house.

He sounds like much of a moron if he wanted to take you to court after you told him to come get his stuff... It's depressing how stupid some people can be.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 155

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 156

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Lil can be heard over in the library, giving instructions to several workbots*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 157

Coniraya

Congratulations, Hypatia on your forthcoming elevation! *ponders over her wardrobe* Hmmm, what to wear?

Do you have a digital camera, B? If so make sure the date and time stamp is set. Get a few photos of the builders turning up and email them to the Council. That's what my brother did when builders across the room from broke the restrictions, the firm got fined heavily as a result. They did then stick to the building restrictions after that.

Ag, you couldn't insist on frosted windows that overlooked you? It's usually part of the planning application and most councils would agree to adding it. I only know stuff like this these days as so many friends and relatives have been under attack from new builds and extentions, ourselves included.

Next door have had a rather nice conservatory put up, I'm a little envious. But as this house had a flat roof extension put on in the 70s, making the sitting room over twice it's original size, a conservatory stuck on the back would look a little odd.

Someone mention pizza? H is going to be very late tonight and SWG is down for eight hours. So I have time to get the bread machine on for the dough, make two small pizzas, tomato sauce from scratch, and as I have a tub of olives in the fridge, I shall apply them liberally to mine.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 158

Mrs Zen

What are huckleberries?


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 159

Titania (gone for lunch)

Apparently a cousin of the blueberry:
http://www.themediadrome.com/content/articles/food_articles/black_pearls_huckleberries.htm


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 160

Demon Drawer

smiley - rose For Brother Roger. A number of my Catholic as well as Protestant friends had the priviledge of hearing him at the Tiaze community. How could someone doing so much foe peace and reconciliation face such a violent death at such a great age?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more