A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 181

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Think of the stories they'll have to tell you when you get home!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 182

STRANGEDUDE

.....went to pond at local park, it is well looked after and trees were being trimmed, Walking around in a marshy area I found some water mint. a lovely minty, fresh smell.
.
.....there is a very large weeping willow about 5 feet from water's edge. It fell over many years ago, presumably, as trees are so well looked after, it must have been left on side on purpose. The trunk is around 3 feet think, half of roots are still exposed, the trunk is flat on ground....what is really strange is that the tree top has adjusted its self so that it is effectively growing paralel to the trunk if that makes sense?
.
......it is strange how nature adjusts, possible the tree survived as it is so close to pond, so only having half of roots in ground is enough....it looks like it may have fallen over around 20 years ago, perhaps in the ''great storm'' of the eighties, when we had near hurrican winds?


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 183

Hypatia

It's embarrassing when my briefcase has more fun than I do. smiley - erm


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 184

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Hyp, that's an occupational hazard of being a librarian...

smiley - winkeye


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 185

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*crawls out of Hyp's briefcase*

smiley - blush Oops. Got lost. Hic!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 186

Hypatia

Your Oiliness, you didn't drink it all, did you? smiley - yikes


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 187

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Well, there was a bit left but it evaporated. *wanders unsteadily across to the sofa but fails to climb onto it*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 188

SE

d'E, it will work on OSX but not, sadly, on OS9.

No wild huckleberries here but we do have wild grapes. I keep meaning to weed them out to get them more sun, but I never do and thus, when fall comes around, there are a lot of shriveled up green "grapes" - I say "grapes" because wild grapes look more like blueberries, they're so tiny.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 189

Agapanthus

*Ag enters the salon in jeans, with her bagged evening gown over her arm, swinging party shoes from her fingers and with a tiara lopsidedly on her untidy hair. She stops short at the sight of the assembled Salonistas staring at a small patch of carpet next to Hypatia's briefcase. On closer examination, she sees they are staring at Amy*

Oh dear. We seem to have started this party early...

*trundles out again to put her armfuls of party clothes away somewhere sensible*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 190

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*The singing librarian owl leaves the Salon for a while to cover the issue desk for the evening slot and then to go to watch Shakespeate in picturesque surroundings. It is plain that he hopes to return in time for the ceremony, as he has various feathers crossed.*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 191

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*giggles and then falls asleep*

smiley - zzz


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 192

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

Congrats Hyp!smiley - ok I know you will fullfill your post admirably... (A little stuffy wasn't it). I'm sorry I can't be there. Too much stuff to do today.

Boysenberry! smiley - drool (spoken in a high tenor, with a thick German accent).


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 193

Hati

smiley - run I've got an invitation to a job interview! smiley - run


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 194

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*arrives in shorts and a wifebeater*

Well, here's the cheese platter...feta, triple cream brie, parmesan, somerset brie (boy, was that hard to find in LA!), a very nice double glouster, a smoked gouda and an unsmoked one, 3 havartis (one plain, one dill and one caraway), some munster, fresh mozzarella, a lovely wensleydale...oh, and a karoun's...a fresh persian cheese made here in my neck of the woods. And for you really, really picky folks, a complete line of the Cowgirl Creamery's cheeses, including last year's award winner (in France, mind you), Red Hawk.

Sorry, but I'm out for the rest of the day...


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 195

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

W**k still virused, just had the longest eight hours of my life. Currently not possessed of the mental capacity to manage b'log, but will try later.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 196

FG

Dammit, MR, where's the Huntsman?

I think our huckleberries (that is, the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Northwest) and your huckleberries (the Eastern Seaboard and the American South), Hyp, are two different creatures. Ours are smaller, tarter, wilder (in terms of where they grow) and more expensive to buy at the market. They might even be two different species. In either case, they're yummy. smiley - drool


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 197

Mrs Zen

*whispers*

Who is the ambasador of what to where?

*hides*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 198

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Find out this evening -- watch this thread! smiley - winkeye


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 199

Santragenius V

*watches this thread - somewhat in between chores*

smiley - goodluck, Hati!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 200

Z

I can't come to this evening's celebrations smiley - wah. It's the first Hospital X Doctors Mess party and I have been informed that I *have* to go..


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more