A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Hypatia

MR, did you have the test with all the little electrodes? That's pretty interesting, actually.

I hope it feels much better in two weeks.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Bagpuss

GDZ - You're removed.

Hyp - You can put a link if you want. Add another marker and I can delete the current one later.

David - Well done on not falling in the sink.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Interesting the choice of markers used ,definatly a pattern quiet a selection but so few chosen


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Hypatia

I'll do another one later, Baggers. Right now I have to get ready for my board meeting. It is going to be a doozey. I already know we'll have two lawyers disagreeing and shouting at each other.A smug, overbearing smellfungus will stir the pot. All over the transfer of funds from our 501(c)3 foundation to the library. We may end the evening with money but no foundation. Which means no future fundraisers. It's a mess.

We have two brand new board members who are going to receive a baptism by fire.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Eatsmice.

Flippin' 'eck!
*Slides in eventually, dry as a bone and praying for Scotch.*

Busy evening refiling all our documents, only to find that the A4 filing cabinet we bought and constructed from Argos only takes A4 sheets and not 1mm bigger (bugger). The Argos supplied A4 dockets don't even fit right smiley - sadface

smiley - catwading in to the backlog again (and its only one days worth)


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Eatsmice.

85th smiley - wah

MR - hope it eases soon.

smiley - cat


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

FG

Eh. Not this mountain, MR. The dry, dusty Sapphires do nothing for me.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[lil]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

No, not the Sapphires, no. I thought perhaps the *other* direction...

Hyp, I've had 3 nerve tests in the last year, because I have incredibly bad sciatica (thanks to D sitting in my hip for most of 9 months!).


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Mrs Zen

Carpal Tunnel sucks, MR, so good luck with that. smiley - hug

smiley - applause for DD! Well done that blogger!

Sleeps for me. - Talking of which, I spoke to Environmental Health about the building site. Reasonably enough, she asked me how much before 7.00am it was, but less reasonably was completely unhelpful when I said 'they disturbed such a deep sleep that I don't know when they started - I was too groggy to tell the time until 7.00'.

Why am I too honest to lie? smiley - erm

Hey ho.

Ben


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Thanks Baggers.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

smiley - goodluck to you, Montana - I hope you won't have to have surgery. I know one person who was delighted to have surgery, and it fixed all his problems. I understand that most aren't that lucky.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

GreyDesk

7EXth you say? smiley - huh

Oh dear, I feel some serious backlog bashing coming on. Plus the faint ozone tang in the air of a cattle-prod being administered! smiley - yikes


smiley - run


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You mean you're SO late for conversation 7D that you find yourself in 7E already??


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Mrs Zen

Morning everyone.

B


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Morning all.

Were the builders good boys this morning, B?

smiley - ale


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

MR - Ouch! Hope you get that sorted.

Hyp - Don't forget the anti-smellfungus bagpipes!

DD - Top banana!

Feeling better this morning, I'm thinking that the reason for poorlyness yesterday was that I didn't nurse Monday's smiley - hangover properly, instead of my usual tactic of light high-energy food and lots of water I just did my normal routine (tea at every opportunity and a BLT and crisps for lunch).


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Phil

I guess I'm going to have to miss the ambasadoring. Will there be Ferrero Rocher chocolates there? Will someone make the comment of 'what excelent parties you have ambasador'?
Instead me and MC will be travelling down to somewhere near Exeter for the weekend going off to another music festival (Beautiful Days festival as you ask).


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Agapanthus

We've got builders next door - have had for months. They start up at a perfectly legal 8 am and stop by 4 pm. And drive me to quivering rage. Drilling! Drilling for hours! and then hammering! Why can't they do it illegally so I can get them stopped! We didn't even approve the building of this extension next door as it impinges on our privacy. They and we will have a really cool view into each other's bedrooms now. Harrumph. And what could possibly be left to drill? Nevertheless.

Empathy for MR's wrist. I get mild carpal tunnel from time to time. It's never got bad enough for splints though - sounds ferocious.

Now, for this party, red silk or fuchsia satin (complemented by olive-green accessories - if in doubt, cause schism smiley - winkeye)?


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Kat - From H2G2

[Kat]


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more