A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 781

Phil

Hello Space station computer (proxy for Pr. C. Tonks). The etiquette for the calling card is that one can leave a card to let the salon know one has paid a visit. Lil and the visitors to her salon can then see who has called while they were out (or those who might not be able to stop for conversation otherwise). Occasionally Lil has her maid bot Matina mulch the cards for use in the garden.

Well back from the wedding. Always a strange feeling seeing friends get married. The bride looked lovely, the brides mother cried, speaches were said and many people got drunk.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 782

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

G'evening folks,

Matina, an Irish Coffee for me. Thanks.

To be honest - I have no idea at all about this STUMPED thing.

Oh, before I forget...
*Kasia puts an invitation at the card table*


I want to invite you all to pop in to the Crossed Purposes Pub in the Village de la Vavoom at http://h2g2.com/A429310

Kasia - Landlady of Crossed Purposes


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 783

Afgncaap5

STUMPED is h2g2's villains syndicate. Most of the original villains were in it just as a hobby, and still followed the rules of continuity. For instance, Red and Black in the "Mission To Zork" threads were actually in a since 'hired' to be villains, and follow the continuity as best as they are able to. However, some of the newer members do, in fact, violate continuity for some reason (such as winning a battle or for the sake of comedy). Irving's right, however, that the villains that seem to violate continuity a lot less are the ones who had practice as regular h2g2 members before joining up.

I think I should speak with The Krylma Leader about trying to get the villains to follow continuity more


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 784

Mike A (snowblind)

More continuety problems? I've just got back. Hi. It was fun.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 785

Afgncaap5

Hello. We're just discussing a certain groups lack of respect for continuity.smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 786

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Thanks for the explanation, Affy.

Well, methinks the probs with continuity are not only in the game threads; also in normal threads you can find this. It's a little bit disturbing, for me, I mean.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 787

Mike A (snowblind)

Uh...what group would this be? If the prospect of going over the matter again don't turn you on, don't bother. But I am intrigued.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 788

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in her usual v.e.l.manner*

Greetings, all!smiley - smiley

Matina, a Y please...

*gets champagne bottle from fridge, picking up Springie on her way out to veranda to watch fireflies*

*pours herself a Y of champagne*

Anyone else?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 789

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Oh, sometimes it happens in different party threads. As you know, simulpost is normal, if a thread is really busy. And then some of the people put words and activities as if another person does this. And a sec after there is a posting from this particular person - and well, then it gets confused.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 790

Styx the Rat

*sneaks out from under table and ties owner buddy's trainer shoe laces together*
*sneaks back out of light and creeps along sofa comes out at other end. Jumps on chair and grins at genocide*

STUMPED is full of amateurs! Can't be regular, even worse villains.
click click click *pulls whiskers and giggles then jumps on Mindspring and tickles her stomach*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 791

Titania (gone for lunch)

Huh? *surprised to notice Springie must have sneaked back in*

I guess it's time for another...
*closes eyes, focusing, re-inforcing RBP*

*pours herself another Y of champagne*

Cheers!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 792

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Okay, time for me

G'night all

*flutter of wings - Kasia leaves*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 793

Phil

[P]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 794

Titania (gone for lunch)

Good night, all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off*


Removed

Post 795

Mike A (snowblind)

This post has been removed.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 796

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

*sigh*

I think I'll go out and experience some more RL this fine three day weekend. There's a county fair around here somewhere...

And before you all get any ideas, I'm not organizing a county fair here. It may be a great idea, but the parade taught me a lesson in coordinating events. I'm going to do the parade again in 2001 (maybe we'll have a theme), but no more virtual extravaganzas for me... unless I get a real brilliant flash.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 797

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Flash. Is it a lightbulb? Is it a bright idea. No it's Loony wearing an old raincoat.

Rearranges clothes and heads for the veranda, Y in hand.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 798

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Here's a good idea: delegate. I think a themed parade is a brilliant idea, though.

OK, so now I know a little more about STUMPED. I must confess that I noticed a difference within the ranks, two philosophies of action as it were.

Styx, don't keep tickling the unau, she'll get hiccups.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 799

Afgncaap5

I've been talking things over with The Krylma Leader. He thinks that the problem may be that it's too easy for people to join up. Maybe if there was like a month-long waiting period while people get accustomed to h2g2, and then have the initiation be something like an Interactive Fiction game instead of a forum where you just do something. Maybe that can be my next RL long-term project.

*Tinkers on his watch a little*

Hey, this thing shows my blood pressure in binary! I wonder if Ampton tinkers on my watch while I'm asleep...

*Shudders*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 800

Afgncaap5

I've been talking things over with The Krylma Leader. He thinks that the problem may be that it's too easy for people to join up. Maybe if there was like a month-long waiting period while people get accustomed to h2g2, and then have the initiation be something like an Interactive Fiction game instead of a forum where you just do something. Maybe that can be my next RL long-term project.

*Tinkers on his watch a little*

Hey, this thing shows my blood pressure in binary! I wonder if Ampton tinkers on my watch while I'm asleep...

*Shudders*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more