A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 741

Phil

I was thinking more of weddings beeing good places to meet people smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 742

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Phil, I had a wonderful time at my ex-wife's wedding.

Matina: Food sir?
Loonytunes: I'll tell the jokes.

Glug


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 743

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*emerges from studio, leaning against wall, eyes all crinkly and red from protracted staring at machine*

This is great. I am having the time of my life on the tintype. A well-known professional photographer and ferrotypist has complimented me on my restoration so far! smiley - bigeyes I have twice as much work as before because I seem to have found something technically impossible. And I am having a bitch of a time trying to organise the features in his face coherently.

I had to cancel a dinner invitation to some friends because of this, and on the holiday weekend as well. Not that I notice much of holidays any more. The tex-mex dinner here is hereby delayed till Wednesday, which will probably work out better because all the holidays and weddings and things will be over with and people will be here.

I tried out alabaster at 800 X 600 and the dots don't regroup.

Hello everybody and thank you for continuing to be my guests. I'm glad that Matina is looking after the feeding and watering of Springie and Violet.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 744

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Lil, welcome back. You have been missed.

Ferrotypist is a new one on me. Do they work with brass?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 745

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

No, Loony, I think they work with ferrets.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 746

Researcher 99947

No... I believe that a Ferrotypist is a person that works with ferrotypes... a ferrotype being a sort of photographic process where where the positive (as to the negative) is placed on an iron plate, and then coated with a pyroxylin solotion to have sort of a gauze effect- this may or may not have the odd effect of making the product water proof... it really depends on the solution. Anywho, the whole process produces much darker pictures than normal.

I didn't know people still worked exclusively in the stuff.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 747

Researcher 99947

er... sorry... sort of a photo buff


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 748

Mike A (snowblind)

[M/QM/GR/GR(nlkyb, jsla)]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 749

Researcher 99947

You know, this is quite scary... but I just realised that something I mentioned, rather off hand, and not expecting anything to come from it at all, has changed h2g2. http://ripley.h2g2.com/F42952?thread=54972&post=404025 who knows how many of you can actually read that thread. Anywho, the LCDs first came up as this awful red, with with the active LCD being green (get it, green for go?). And it really did look awful. So, I mentioned it, and voila! A bit creepy.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 750

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

This creep managed to read it Sporky. I even replied to it.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 751

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, wondering how Løøny made it, she was stopped by a request for password*

Hi all!smiley - smiley

Matina, OJ and café mélange, please...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 752

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Titania, Subs and Aces have got passwords. h2g2 get us to help with beta testing new features for the site


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 753

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah, sorry, didn't realize that...smiley - smiley

BTW, I left a box of Orange Pekoe on your desk...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 754

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Excellent smiley - bigeyes


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 755

Titania (gone for lunch)

Can't wait to hear rest of story...

*drifting out on veranda to enjoy the sunshine*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 756

Titania (gone for lunch)

[t]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 757

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

Hi folks - it's a nice Saturday afternoon, oh well, this rain shower wasn't that nice, but anyway...

Matina, an Irish Coffee please.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 758

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Have to go now.

*flutter of wings - Kasia leaves*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 759

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*pops out of studio for some coffee and a short burst of sanity maintenance*

QMike, what on earth does that calling card mean!!! smiley - smiley

Ferrotypist = one who creates ferrotypes, commonly called tintypes. There is a whole corps of graphics designers/photographers who like the visual effects. Many ferrotypists are also re-enactors; they take their travelling wagons to Civil War reenactments or just offer the chance for people to dress up in Victorian clothing and have olde timey-looking tintypes taken of themselves.

One thing is due to change. Will Dunniway told me that if you wore a woollen sweater to a Western reenactment you would be kicked out for inaccuracy. But there is Billy in the picture, wearing a handknit ribbed wool cardigan with raglan sleeves.

Matina, put out ham and cheese and a piece of cake for Styx in case he comes by, please.

*waves to everyone and goes back into studio*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 760

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in her ususal v.e.l.manner*

Anyone around?smiley - smiley

Matina, a Y please...

*gets bottle of champagne from fridge, floating out on veranda*

Springie! Cuddle?

*unau floating out on veranda*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more