A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 241

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Have you restarted your browser?

Anyway, I look forward to the fashion show. I hope it won't be restricted to fashions for humanoids although we may have to use another 3D package for entities beyond the capability of Poser. smiley - smiley

I actually popped over to ask you for some help with one of my projects. One of the side effects of the Waterworks map was the creation of a Library and Museum in the Town Square (http://www.h2g2.com/A413290). Within the Museum is a Dynamic Art Gallery that makes use of the latest dynamic display techniques. Each time a researcher walks into the gallery, a machine that folds both space and time will create a new arrangement of four works of art chosen at random from the database.

I hope you will allow me to add some of your work to the database. A preview of the gallery will is available at http://www.h2g2.com/A413290 using "borrowed" works of art while I go round h2g2 collecting links to researchers' works. There will be a link back from each work displayed to its originator's space.

There's also a Natural History Museum in the same building that is quite good fun.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 242

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Sorry, technical hitch there. The Dynamic Art Gallery is at http://www.h2g2.com/A418934 (although there is a link from the Museum).


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 243

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I must go now -- it's very late. Goodnight, Lil.

*gives tea cup to Matina*

*wanders away in the direction of the Town Square*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 244

Styx the Rat

FLAP FLAPP
New bot! heh heh heh ethnic. Get me a pork pie.
*eats pie and gets a long drink of water at sink, then washes face and hands. reads back and grooms whiskers*

Fashion show. Feh. Not for me. Ant Lady visited. She should use portrait of me, heh heh.
*jumps to floor and croses veranda to Quorthon's rooms* owner buddy back real soon now. Food Lady clean up his rooms!
*goes under bed and into nest* Styx needs something to gnaw now. I'll try magic oak stick tomorrow. Maybe Mike brings back something for me.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 245

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*Kasia returns from the veranda*

Oh, morning Styx, how are you?

Matina, one continental breakfast please - I must arm myself for a hard day IRL.

*Kasia goes to one of the guestrooms, as she suppose to find a bathroom there - need a shower*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 246

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*Kasia returns after a quick refreshing shower, sits down to have some breakfast and an OJ*

Okay, time to face RL, but 'Thank GOD, it's Friday', so the weekend is not that far away!

Have a nice day/ev, Styx.

*flutter of wings - Kasia leaved*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 247

Researcher 99947

Mmm... it IS friday... wahoo!

*trudges out to kitchen*

No, no, sit down, Matina! I can fend for myself in a kitchen.

*goes over to cookie jars, opening each one open, quite disappointed with what lies within. Begins to sort through the spice jars, finding one that is rather large and painted black, labeled bds*

Curious and curiouser... hmmmm

*twists off top with a satisfying *pop* , letting a fine, grainy residual off into the air. Then looks inside and grins to self*

Er, um... I think I'll make some punch smiley - bigeyes


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 248

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Ah-choooo. Mmmmm, must be something in the air.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 249

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Caught you in the act!!! smiley - bigeyes You stimulant-dependent wretch. You can have what's in there -- it's only a remnant, anyway. I have a source.

Amy, I lost my browser and then I couldn't get a connection better than 28K till now. Sorry for disappearing so abruptly. And Styx had a good idea. I'm rather pleased with his portrait myself. You're welcome to use any of the art in the gallery -- but better get permission from Sporky for his stuff. And the Billy stuff is private for now, although I'm sure it's not suitable for general display. Looks more like a rock collection than art.

And so saying, I'm off to bed. Gnight Titania, Sporky.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 250

Researcher 99947

hehe

*wipes nose*

G'night lil


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 251

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

*Sneaks in quietly, leaves a note for Lil:*


Hey Lil, I didn't want to wake you up,
but I just finished reading the forums
on h2g2 continuity, and I was wondering if
there were any recent conversations about
the topic going on lately. Sweet dreams.
- Valis


*Sneaks out just as quietly as he had snuck in*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 252

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in her usual v.e.l.manner*

Hi all!smiley - smiley

Matina, a café mélange and a fresh mbougatse, please...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 253

Phil

[P]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 254

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]

Glad to see you made it back in the end. I'm afraid I had to go to bed. Thanks for letting me use your paintings. I shall start with these:

humming bird
styx
portrait of irv
violet
The Bruce Monument
sumi
Ferrari

I'll approach Sporky separately. I like his work and I'm wondering if he has any more like it tucked away somewhere.

smiley - bigeyes Amy


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 255

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*emerges from studio*
*checks calling cards while Matina puts coffee on without needing to be asked*

Smells terrific in here. *wanders into kitchen* You've made cinnamon buns! What a splendid bot! Sometime in the next few hours, could you go clean Quorthon's rooms, set a fire in the hearth, put in fresh bed linens and dust the CD collection. And work around Styx's box, don't touch that.

Let's see, Amy has made a selection that looks pretty good. Lord I have so much catching up to do on art. Mugs I never got done, and all.

Valis, "continuitous" matters are fortunately rather rare... and as you read all the threads, you can see that breaches of threadiquette are almost always accidents -- I have never personally met a repeat offender. The Continuity Page was extremely useful for a number of us to sort of formalise issues that only came about as h2g2 has grown. You were a rare bird indeed, to ask questions before jumping in.

I just boxed a researcher's ears the other day, maybe a little unfairly, but I was SO tired of people making entrances by crashing through the ceiling. The young ones never think of falling debris...

Anyway, you are only likely to see activity at that forum now in the event that something serious happens that requires discussion. There is an issue on the minds of a few of us, but we'll wait till after the campaign to discuss it.

I miss having the Colonel stop by every day. Is he still on holiday, I wonder?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 256

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi Lil!smiley - smiley

Oh, cinnamon buns, mmm, could I have one please, Matina? And another café mélange, s'il vous plait


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 257

Garius Lupus

The last time the Colonel was here, he mentioned something about there always being alot of backlog and as a result possibly having to restrict himself to the ffff forums. Perhaps that is why he hasn't been around lately.

*Takes a fresh cinnamon roll and a coffee and sits out on the veranda.*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 258

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi GL!smiley - smiley

Matina, a Y of champagne, please..

*floating out on veranda*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 259

Titania (gone for lunch)

G'night all!

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 260

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

You will all be pleased to know that I have the perpetrators pages surrounded. The Celery will be released ASAP.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more