A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 201

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh well, then it MUST be true, she muttered sarcastically.

No offense, really. I mean, I suppose he has to say something like that. But it's another instance of putting national face before 116 lives, like Kasia and Titania observed.

Looney, I checked back over topica records, and there was no join request from bumblebee. So I issued an invite to the address you gave. It was in fact Titania who has just joined in the past couple of days.

Matina, bring me an Obscure Canadian beer please.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 202

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I agree the Russians should have enlisted Nato's offer of assistance earlier. I also believe NZ news services are more dispassionate than their North American counterparts - especially on world (as opposed to domestic) issues.

Matina, make that two please smiley - bigeyes


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 203

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Interesting pictures just now on Britain's Sky TV channel.

Because the sub is longer than the depth of water it is lying in, it may be possible to raise one end out of the water and getting the men out that way.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 204

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's more than 500 feet long??
*sips beer sagely*


Removed

Post 205

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

This post has been removed.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 206

Witty Moniker

I hope some news agency keeps track of how many times the Russian authorities contradict themselves over the course of this ordeal. When are they going to realize that this is the information age and the world is watching this incident live and in color?

I'm tired. See you tomorrow. smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 207

Researcher 99947

quiet...

*crickets can be heard*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 208

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

...or is it the sound of leather on willow as a couple of flannelled fools play the game of cricket?

Y of Champagne Sporky? I'm having one.

Glug


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 209

Phil

[P] Who's hoping that the mini sub (which is sailing from Norway to the crash site) gets there fast enough. The idea is to bounce the mini sub up and down to get the men out transfering them all into a decompression chamber waiting on the surface ship.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 210

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in*

Hi all! Matina, café mélange, please...

50 hrs from departure for sub LR5 to reach Russian sub. What puzzles me is that they FLEW the sub from GB to Norway. Why not fly it to Russian airport closest to sunken sub?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 211

Phil

They probably wouldn't let them fly it out to Murmansk or somewhere around there smiley - sadface


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 212

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Thanks to the renascent (and hopefully not temporary) freedom of the press in Russia, Putin is taking a beating for not doing more, sooner. Apparently he had to phone the Russian admiral and TELL him to seek outside help.

So Sporky has turned 19. Happy birthday!

Got an email from Quorthon in Singapore, where he found a cyber cafe. He'll be at home now, all crazed with jet lag and trying to figure out what happened to his hotmail account. I reckon he's received a lot of email from his friends about that...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 213

Garius Lupus

[GL smiley - smiley]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 214

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

Goodday to all!!!!

Just popping in and looking around a bit, nothing interesting to say right now so maybe i'll come back later when I do.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 215

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

Goodday to all!!!!

Just popping in and looking around a bit, nothing interesting to say right now so maybe i'll come back later when I do.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 216

Researcher 99947

Ah, we look forward to hearing more than you... er, more from you. Honestly, I'm just too lazy to go back and delete that


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 217

Titania (gone for lunch)

Belated congratulations, Sporky!smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 218

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

G'evening all.

Sporky - Happy Birthday smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Matina, could you fixed me an Irish Coffee? Thanks


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 219

Titania (gone for lunch)

Matina, a Y of champagne, please...

Let's go out on the veranda, and watch the fireflies...smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 220

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Good idea

*Kasia takes her Irish Coffee and heads out on the veranda...*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more