A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 181

Witty Moniker

*enters, looks around*

It gets quiet when Lil's not around.

Styx, maybe you just need to get a hobby once the election is over. By the way, if you need anything when Lil is busy, you can come to me at the 24-Seven. I even stock maraschino cherries.

*pours a glass of champagne, gives Springie a scratch around the ears*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 182

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi Witty!smiley - smiley

*re-in-force-ing RBP*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 183

Witty Moniker

Hi Titania. smiley - smiley

Is your keyboard feeling better?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 184

Titania (gone for lunch)

No, Witty, my old keyboard died completely, but luckily we had old keyboards at w*rk. Some of them don't fit with the current computers, so I got one for free (and it does fit with my computer) so now life is so much easier smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

I tried communicating with copy and paste, but that was very tiring..

Matina, a Y of champagne, please...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 185

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Morning ladies (Thursday). Nice day for a drink. Matina, a bottle of champers please. Marlbourgh (NZ) Sparkling. Excellent.

Glug


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 186

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*Kasia stands up from the comfty chair, heads to the kitchen*

Matina, I would like a Y of champagne with OJ, please.

I was listening to your conversation about that russian submarine - I think, they have no chance to survive, cause the weather there is very bad now; they even didn't manage to put this oxygen thing through to the boat...

The sad thing is, that probably the Norwegian's could have helped, but Russians are so proud. They want to make it alone, and I suppose 116 men will die because of this idiotical behaviour! Sorry, but it makes me nuts.

Okay, maybe I should have a cup of green tea, Matina and try to get calmer.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 187

Witty Moniker

Titania, that's the best kind of replacement... free. smiley - smiley

Morning, Loony. Still subbing away?

Evening (right?), Kasia. Very sad situation with that sub.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 188

Titania (gone for lunch)

*roughly translated from swedish to english*

Latest news about the Russian sub:
'- A British rescue sub heading for the Russian sub. Uncertain if it will arrive before they're out of oxygen. 18:31 16 aug GMT'


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 189

Titania (gone for lunch)

'After Russain rescue attempts failed, it became apparent that the Russians couldn’t do it alone and so decided to swallow their pride and gave the green light to a British rescue team equipped with a mini-submarine to join the rescue effort.
     The LR5, the British mini-submarine flown from Britain to Norway today may reach the area where the Kursk lies on Saturday evening, press secretary of the command of the armed forces of South Norway Ture Idose told Itar-Tass today.
     The LR5, which has a crew of three, is capable of rescuing 16 people at a time, a British Defense Ministry spokesman said.
     It may come too late. Russian officials now admit they’ve heard no tapping from the Kursk for 24 hours.
     With the crew thought to have just 48 hours of oxygen left, it is also possible that the crew was too weak to make signals strong enough to be audible to the rescue ships.'


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 190

Titania (gone for lunch)

You're right Kasia, the Russians must be mad to let pride rule over common sense...

*grinding her teeth*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 191

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Well, I hope I'm wrong and there is still time to rescue them...

Hi, WM - yes you're right, it's ev here at my place in RL (after midnight to be correct)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 192

Titania (gone for lunch)

...after midnight at my place too...

Good night!

*drifting off*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 193

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*looks bemused at sight of Styx and Mindspring dozing in front of the fire*

What un-Styxlike behaviour! Must because he's expecting QMike. Of course we don't know how long it's going to take him to unsnarl the mess that the foog left behind.

I have heard that the sub is listing a full 60 degrees, which is why the Russian attempts failed... And Putin had intended that this boat was going to lead the return of the Russian fleet to the Mediterranean in several months. Also going the rounds in Russian news is that the batteries were not replenished before the exercise in which the accident occurred. For sure, the Russian military have handled this as if it were the 50's again.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 194

Witty Moniker

My local paper said the the Russian government does not maintain ships and equipment. They just don't have the cash. smiley - sadface


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 195

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Yes, this is typical for us, slovenian (?) people! *sigh*

Nothing in the pocket, but behaving like millionairs! This makes me really angry, you know.


Removed

Post 196

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

This post has been removed.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 197

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Erm... I think, the word should be slavic, eh?

Loonytunes, I'm not so sure, if this is possible - to lift the sub. I think the sea is far to much in move for it.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 198

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Kasia, it is a direct quote from the Russian navy chief. It was posted on a New Zealand news site about an hour ago.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 199

Babel17

{[B17]} smiley - sadface


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 200

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Loonytunes: I believe, that this came from a statement.

All I was saying, that I am not sure, if this will work out, you know.

Okay, it's time for bed.

G'night all.

*flutter of wings - Kasia left*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more